I try to sit and breathe for a minute. Usually I think of stuff that calms me, like my husband, our pets, sunsets, or chocolate. Also, if I'm especially anxious, I try to remind myself that what I'm experiencing is more extreme than what it is. I remember that I don't have to solve everything this minute, time is still there. If I'm zoned out with anxiety, I try to focus on something around me, something that I have to take note on, this can sometimes distract from my anxiety.
I try to talk to myself in third person, as if talking to a friend. I find I'm a lot gentler to my friends than I am to myself.
- Do you think an expensive journal or planner is worthy to purchase?
- How do you feel after writing down how your feeling
- What’s your favourite writing prompt or bit of advice that you’ve come across?
- Do you journal in the morning or in the evening?
- Do you prefer a physical journal or a journal app?
- What do you enjoy writing about most? Do you ever want to publish your work?
- What is the best way of writing?
- What is worth to write in the journal or what people used to write in a journal?
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd person perspective, which do you prefer?
- What’s a simple yet effective thing to write about daily?