The more you write the better you will feel when you go back and review the notes.
Remember to be positive when writing in the journal, the last thing you want when you feel down is to go through your journal and find even more depressing thoughts.
I tried to do three “morning pages” but that was putting too much stress on me.
So be honest with yourself and onl mention things important to you.
Some other times I reflect on my feelings at that moment which are often an overview of the day, I try to leave trace of what I learned, realized, or how I feel about whatever is going on.
Only every now and then I read what I have written, it is easier on the past/present/future section, I go back to those same pages which still have some space left, …
If you are doing journal before sleep, I would suggest you should practice gratitude journaling, its a best way to go to sleep by expressing gratitude.
Another thing that usually makes me want to write is reading previous journal entries. Doing that allows me to recalibrate my thinking and allows me to assess any progress made consistently.
Love ya, G
Write only few words if you want to. Nothing if you dont need to. Write 10 full pages if your mind is full, and you want to write everything down. Its your diary, you dictate the rules 😉
Bullet journals are especially helpful.
If you focus on your thoughts, there is always something in that mind ticking away that would be happier if it existed on paper!
This is not an assignment or a thesis where you have to write a specific number of words or pages; it’s about you speaking to yourself.
- What do you write when you just don’t have anything to say? Do you write anyway?
- Where do you find journaling prompts?
- I get overwhelmed with all the things I need to fix about myself. How do I narrow it down on what to write about.
- What do you reflect on in your journal?
- What techniques or how or when do you do it? What do you journal about?
- How many different journals do you keep?
- What have you learned about yourself through journalling?
- are bullet journals worth it or do they cause too much of a hassle?
- What time of the day is best to write in your journal?
- Am I keeping a diary too long? Would it be better to spend the entire day at a certain time in the evening?