I usually write about how my day went and my feelings or emotions throughout especially if something really bothered me or made me really happy. I always write down 3 things I am thankful for and 3 goals I have for the day. I write about something that inspires me or what I appreciate about my body or self. I also like to log what I eat, what I did for exercise or movement, and what my mood was for the day.
I write to process. I have a lot of trauma in my life so I write about that a lot. Definitely more than things that make me happy. I've been abused by almost everyone in my life and I live a life of stress, so I write to process that abuse and stress. It helps to know where I've been so I know where I'm going.
I feel that I started using it with a view to recording my successes. However it has started to become a book where I vent my frustrations where I say things out loud that I would not say to others. Hopefully it will start me on the path were I can make changes about the things I do not like about life just now.
I approach my journal from the perspective of free writing in which I am allowed to write about anything in any way. I’m not allowed to worry about technical concerns, like spelling and punctuation, and when I’m finished unloading in my journal, I’m forbidden from looking back at what I’ve written. This approach gives me the permission to write with liberation from my internal critic and my own judgement.
- Do you think an expensive journal or planner is worthy to purchase?
- How do you feel after writing down how your feeling
- What’s your favourite writing prompt or bit of advice that you’ve come across?
- Do you journal in the morning or in the evening?
- Do you prefer a physical journal or a journal app?
- What do you enjoy writing about most? Do you ever want to publish your work?
- What is the best way of writing?
- What is worth to write in the journal or what people used to write in a journal?
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd person perspective, which do you prefer?
- What’s a simple yet effective thing to write about daily?