I’ve wasted literal days hunting for the perfect journal, blank book, or software every few years. In the end, I always go back to the same program I’ve used for 15 plus years. Blank composition notebook, overpriced question a day book, legal pad or loose leaf paper from the TrapperKeeper you had in 6th grade – it doesn’t matter unless you’re writing in it everyday. Just choose the one you like today and make sure you use it tomorrow. The tool doesn’t matter – it’s what you build with it.
If you can, but a few and see what feels right for you.
I also have this old fashioned and personalized leather bound paper, but I hardly use it because it’s not super friendly – no line guides, etc. I use it if I feel like I’m going to draw something.
There are ban.do notebooks at shopbop that I use at work. As you might have guessed, I am a list person and I love to journal.
No mater which medium you use, I think the key is using it. So go find a notebook that speaks to you. 😊 Good luck!
The questions follow the approach of thankfulness and mindfulness, e.g. “I am thankful for…” or “What good did I do for somebody today?”
This makes it easier to keep up with the habit and give good guidance. Highly recommended!
My second favourite is the Leuchturm A5 hardcover with dotted paper (in purple!)
I've noticed that Leuchturm do a softcover, so I'm trying that next.
If you love interesting designs on the covers, then take a look at Paperblanks.
I'm based in the UK, so hopefully these are available where you are!
- How do you journal effectively?
- How do I write in it? What do I say?
- Do you have a template for daily journaling?
- Do you follow any framework for journaling?
- Do you keep a routine that you’re not able to accomplish for the moment?
- If you do different types of journaling at a time, do you keep different journals for each or just one? Why?
- What are some specific journals you have used and found beneficial?
- What question do you often ask yourself before you begin journaling?
- What should I write in a daily journal?
- Do you draw in your journal as well?