- How do you stop mental distractions while you’re meditating?
- Do you prefer to meditate alone or with a partner or group?
- Has meditation allowed you to learn something new about yourself?
- How valuable do you think it is to meditate for, say, only 3 minutes?
- Is okay that I go to my happy place when I meditate? Or do I need an absolute clear head?
I have a "make change carefully" outlook and am far less judgemental than when younger. Yet I started Fabuloius as I realized I needed SOME level of routine to advance and stay on or near track.
I do not do 100% every day of the habits I've put into Fabulous app. Often I do many and then don't input daily. I started out with 2 over a year ago. Added a few as felt need and am now up to about a dozen. If I miss a few I don't stress. If I miss many a few days then when I pick app back up (I currently have alarms turned off), I do what I can. I do not force myself to "do it all immediately."
A related issue I do have is that I dropped the type of meditation that I was doing, and is on my habits, yet havn't found a regular replacement, and I almost never formally exercise although also in my habits list.
I am recently finding renewed motivation and daily practices for all (still slowly becoming clearer) goals & supporting habits from classic authors like Brian Tracy and Glenn Bland. So I anticipate and expect to restart these and other good habits with gusto. Notice the point about clarifying goals. I am already seeing that choosing, committing to, clarifying, making goals VIVID in my mind and heart; provide most of the motivation needed to choose and do the supporting beneficial habits.
The newest habit I just added was "reviewing and re-reading and visualizing my purposeful goals" daily.
But, “ Start over” doesn’t mean that throw out everything you have accomplished in the previous days or even in the previous months.
In my personal anecdotal experience, I have found it helpful to treat the Fabulous App as a challenge to myself and not a competition with others. I want to succeed at developing and sticking to my my habits, rituals, routines, but if fall off track, I haven’t failed- I just need to try again. The key is to recognize that I fell off track and then change or adjust and then try again. It is a lifelong process. It helps sometimes to “restart” because I may decide to change and make my goals more simple and it feels good to make small improvements and build upon them.
That is called an experience. Use it to figure out the "Why?" Why did I not work out? Why did I eat that "whatever"? What is really causing me to go off course. What is troubling you? Make ammends, forgive esp yourself, journal all that comes to mind – Then Carry On with the plan.
When you are in the ring fighting for your life and get knocked down… If you can look up You Can Get Up!!!
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?