They are simply stretching your body to the Max . I do them by keeping my legs apart as much as I can and raising my forearms .
- Does any one stretch for pain relief? Does it work?
- How do you manage to do the stretch break at work?
- Do push your self out of comfort zone while stretching or is it maybe more important and effective to do it often and not pushing very hard. Or does it even work without a little uncomfortableness?
- What is your stretch habit? I use the fabulous 10 minute and a few 3, 5 and 10 minute stretch routines I found on YouTube.
- I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. Is it still safe to stretch?
Hmm, My stretch routine is I start with my legs standing up and I do each side and middle. For my arms I do my arms and my biceps. I stretch my wrists and ankles and also my head! Every morning and night!!! 😊
I do basic stretches to get me going like hugging my knee into my chest and holding it, then the other knee, then bending my knees and lower body to one side but twisting my upper body in the opposite direction; raising my arms above my head and stretching feet and toes the opposite direction. I also get on all fours and do cat stretches. Any kind of stretch will work just fine though
My go-to stretches are definitely splits and lunges since i still have the ability of doing a full split because of gymnastics. I like to begin in a lunge and get deeper and deeper into a split on my good leg, afterwards i like to try my best at middle splits.
I have minor Scoliosis, so I suffer from back pain often. My favorite stretches that help relieve my pain are the Cat-Cow, Downward Dog, Child's Position, and Serpent yoga positions. I also do Full-Roll-Downs, which help elongate & realign your spine (sit up on the floor with legs laying straight in front of you, stretch arms out straight forward, then slowly lie down one vertebrae at a time as you inhale & raise your arms up over your head until they're touching the floor; then slowly come back up as you exhale).
Using a wall, stand with one side touching and bring the opposite arm up over your head and to wall. Do 5 times each side.
my go to stretches are ones i can do in bed. i like to do wide legged child pose, spinal twist, neck, ankle and wrist circles, etc.
I usually do the Yoga Sun Salutation and/or the 10-min Stretching exercice from the make me fabulous tab. Sometimes I add other stretching exercices I learned from Pilates
- What are the best stretches and exercises to improve flexibility?
- Has anyone ever experienced heel pain as a result of stretching?
- What areas of the body you focus more when stretching?
- Where in your morning routine do you place stretching?
- Which stretch excercises are best for the lower back?
- What are some go-to arm stretches?
- How do you remember to stretch at work?
- Whats your favorite stretch/ yoga pose/ exercise that gets you limber?
- What stretches do you use to become more flexible?
- How do you stretch your legs