Smoothies (fresh/frozen fruits and spinach, make it with water/almond milk as base)
Banana and peanut butter
Egg bites (homemade in muffin pan with eggs and whatever you like in them)
Yogurt and fruit/granola
Eggs (I love eggs anyway I can get them high protein)
– 3 eggs.
– 0.5 spoon of olive oil.
– 1.5 cup of vegetables.
– 0.75 cup of bran flakes.
– 0.25 cup of raisin.
– 0.75 cup of skimmed milk.
Other than that, as I recall, you can make use of nuts! Easy to take with, and crunchy to eat! But, in my opinion, too boring to eat. So I'll just stick to my oats.
If you have more time, toss them in a bowl. Add some yoghurt, nuts and seeds and you will not be hungry for hours. Starting with your fruits in the morning sets a great intention for the rest of the day. You started healthy, and you want to keep up that good spirit!
My favorite is banana, 2 spoons of coconutyoghurt, a spoon of almond butter and some almonds, cashews on top! When I want to treat myself I’ll also add some dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Boil water for coffee in a kettle
Add some salt to the water
Pour 1/2 cup of oats into the water and stir a bit
Lower the flame to medium
Make your coffee
When the oats are ready pour them into a small bowl
Add chia seeds, nuts, cranberries, blueberries and silan
Stir the oats
Some steel cut oats with your choice of milk. Honey for sweetness or your choice of sweetener. Add mixed fruit and mixed nuts and seeds.
Also, if planned ahead, pancake mix can be prepared the night before and pancakes make for a quick breakfast.
Another quick breakfast is yogurt, your choice of granola and fruit make a great breakfast!
Bagels and/or toast is a great option paired with a flavorful spread.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.