I really like steel cut oatmeal because it has texture, it’s not mushy like most oatmeal. Also it has a lot more nutrients and benefits because it is not processed anywhere near the amount most oatmeal.
I cook 1 pound of steel cut oatmeal on a Sunday and then take some with me every day for work for breakfast. I add almonds blueberries and Kashi cereal. You can probably find creative ideas on Pinterest or Google.
Oh yeah, it’s also known to help you stay full until lunchtime and is very low in calories.
Steel cut oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, blueberries and sliced almonds with 10 ounces Icelandic yogurt and add pecans.definitely works.
- I have high triglycerides and cholesterol. Will eating eggs everyday raise my levels?
- Does anyone have suggestions for easy breakfast that can be made ahead and brought to work?
- What breakfast foods are best for people with IBS?
- Anyone else on gluten and dairy free diet
- What do you do to maintain your eating habits when you’re a guest in someones home?
- What do you eat in a rush?
- What are some breakfast options to eat on the go?
- Favorite prepared night before quick breakfasts?
- How do I keep the motivation to make breakfast instead of just grabbing a proccesed snack?
- High protein vegan breakfast ideas?