I’m trying to keep it as simple as possible and for the evening routine I’m asking myself what should I remember from that day? And what went well today – from a positive perspective. Even if something went out of my expectations, I’m looking at it as a learning experience questioning myself on what was my learning.
Just go over what’s happening in your life! It doesn’t have to be profound or fun to read. Focus on how what you’re doing makes you feel. Future you might appreciate being able to read about where you were and how far you’ve come. Sometimes it can even be a good source of advice or insights (uncertainty, running in circles, etc.)!
Hey! Anything and everything… my dreams, how I envision my life. I love to daydream about my desired home, or travels… I also use it to explore feelings, things that happened or just to empty my mind on paper. What I find most important is to not edit myself as I write. Hope this helps!
With love 🙂
With love 🙂
- How to get yourself to write in your journal on days when you are really in a rut and can’t even get out of bed to write?
- Do you always journal in the same place? Or do you carry it with you?
- What do you tend to write about in your journal, to motivate yourself for tricky times?
- What do you write day to day?
- How to make it a routine task?
- How has this habit helped you?
- I’m stacking multiple journals at the moment – activity’s- 💤 sleep- diet- exercise- not sure 🤔 if that’s over doing it but it seem the phone 📱 does a lot of the “heavy lifting” recording everything?? then I just comb over the top of everything at the end of the day…not sure my strategy is functional??
- Do you write anything about your food habits?
- I typically use my journal inner reflection and CBT, but I don’t always have something related to either to write about every day. What else could I write about to make journaling a daily habit?
- Do you find that going over past journal entries is helpful for you? Or is more of a ‘write it down once and never look back’ kind of process worth exploring?