Focussing on my breathing. It helps to create calm and present moment awareness which reduces anxiety and stress levels.
- Can you feel any difference since you started meditation?
- How do you stay consistent with your practice?
- How can I better avoid distractions like Facebook and Instagram? Are there any tools that could help me?
- What types of meditation do you do that works for you? Does visualization work? How? What is your experience with self-hypnosis?
- Should I keep my eyes open or closed when meditating?
I typically use different guided meditations or mantras. I like guided meditations bc I find that they keep me from getting distracted less bc I have a voice to follow and listen to. I prefer guided meditations that don't have you imagine you are somewhere else bc I find it hard to visualize something that specific and I find it harder than it's worth. I like mantra meditation bc I find that it allows me to reach a deeper state of meditation than other forms do. I typically chant the Maha mantra, but I also use Om Mani Padme Hum. I prefer shorter ones rather than longer ones bc long ones also make it harder bc you have to try too hard to remember the words.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?