I typically use different guided meditations or mantras. I like guided meditations bc I find that they keep me from getting distracted less bc I have a voice to follow and listen to. I prefer guided meditations that don't have you imagine you are somewhere else bc I find it hard to visualize something that specific and I find it harder than it's worth. I like mantra meditation bc I find that it allows me to reach a deeper state of meditation than other forms do. I typically chant the Maha mantra, but I also use Om Mani Padme Hum. I prefer shorter ones rather than longer ones bc long ones also make it harder bc you have to try too hard to remember the words.
Focussing on my breathing. It helps to create calm and present moment awareness which reduces anxiety and stress levels.
- Do you find meditation more helpful in the morning or the evening?
- How do you keep yourself motivated and disciplined?
- How many hours should you meditate?
- What’s your length goal for meditating? How long do you want to be able to meditate for?
- How long do you meditate for and at what time of day?
- What is your main aim of meditation?
- What is the recommended amount of time to meditate?
- Is it normal to almost go into sleep, then awake in your mind in time for the end of meditation cycle?
- Is it better to do the same meditation multiple times in a row/use the same app/stick to the same teacher, or better to change it up and do a different meditation every day?
- When do you meditate? For how long?