One doesn’t fall “out” of meditation. One can fall out of a trance or into a trance. One can get distracted. Or fall asleep. Meditation is about being awake to all states of mind, even jerky ones.
I think there’s no such thing as “normal” in meditation, it’s simply however it works on you for what you need at the time or Iran your body giving you clues. I’d recommend, however, if you’d like to be a bit more alert, you could add some essential oils to your practice. Peppermint, orange, and lemon are all invigorating scents that will prevent you from nodding off/having a jumpy sleep-like reaction. Hope it helps!
I have had that problem before in the beginning, so I started using guided meditation. Then I slowly work my way up to using bells at the beginning and end of my meditation. The bells signal to my inter-being that it is time to come out of the meditation, therefore I am not a startled.
Tbh I've never experienced it, but we all get distracted. I would like u to treat this just as that, it's okay just get back to meditation. Meditation is about being present, so be present during that state as well. Maybe one day that will get u the answer for it 🙂
This experience is pretty normal and here is why. The beginning state of meditation and sleep are very similar since in both, as the mind settles and the body relaxes, your brain waves change from beta to alpha. That’s why drowsiness can arise making difficult to stay awake. Just don’t beat yourself up about it. This is the reality of today’s practice, no judgment or feeling of negativity towards you or the practice. If you feel you are trailing off into slumber, try to take some deep breaths and focus you attention back to it. Good luck!
I’ve been taught that it is normal and is an opportunity for you to bring your focus back. It’s not something to get upset about and requires only a nudge in the right direction
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?