Maybe it's a good idea to start with a short meditation. I began mediating for about 5-7 minutes and I have been able to keep a 30-day streaks ever since.
Give up a morning routine and substitute it with meditation. Priority. For me it’s more important to meditate than take a shower for example. I’ll take my shower now at night.
do it anyway. stay up an extra 5 minutes to just sit. or meditate while you wait for coffee or tea to brew in the morning, even if only for a few minutes. you are capable of finding the time. i sit for at least 5min every night – it's part of my "go to sleep" routine. I'm trying to add 5 minutes in the morning, but keep getting distracted! so i have to make time to sit at night… still working on getting my morning routine established! to paraphrase suzuki roshi… even if you are the worst horse, you can still find the marrow of zen 🙏
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?