Stretching: Tie a stretch to a particular action like standing on tip toe for a bit when getting something from a high shelf. Do “legs up the wall” before getting ready for bed.
Movement: Park further away from your objective so you walk more. Walk 5 minutes before each meal. Go for a longer walk first thing after getting up and dressed.
What do you enjoy? What do you want to encourage in yourself? Start small. Jumping in with running a mile every day when you haven’t moved in years will generally fail.
Do not require perfection. Perfection does not exist.
Second (related to 1st):
NEAT – NonExercise Activity Thermogenesis. Take the stairs, walk on short errands, actually lifting everyday things, do gardening, etc.
Next – as Fabulous trains us – build even a quick HIIT into your morning routine. 7 minute basic or 7 minute advanced is fast but effective. Bobby Maximus routine of "climb down the ladder" repetitions of 5 basic exercises is simple, fast, & you can start anywhere for reps on the ladder.
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?