Stretching: Tie a stretch to a particular action like standing on tip toe for a bit when getting something from a high shelf. Do “legs up the wall” before getting ready for bed.
Movement: Park further away from your objective so you walk more. Walk 5 minutes before each meal. Go for a longer walk first thing after getting up and dressed.
What do you enjoy? What do you want to encourage in yourself? Start small. Jumping in with running a mile every day when you haven’t moved in years will generally fail.
Do not require perfection. Perfection does not exist.
Second (related to 1st):
NEAT – NonExercise Activity Thermogenesis. Take the stairs, walk on short errands, actually lifting everyday things, do gardening, etc.
Next – as Fabulous trains us – build even a quick HIIT into your morning routine. 7 minute basic or 7 minute advanced is fast but effective. Bobby Maximus routine of "climb down the ladder" repetitions of 5 basic exercises is simple, fast, & you can start anywhere for reps on the ladder.
- How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym when you really don’t want to?
- What do you do on a day when you’re not well?
- How do you manage to exercise during very busy days or when travelling?
- How do you make yourself exercise in the evening after work when you’re really tired?
- How do you find motivation and excitement throughout a stale routine that is unlikely to change if you don’t find that motivation first?
- What are the most efficient exercises I can do?
- How do you stay motivated if you don’t have an exercise buddy?
- What is you favourite fitness things you like to do?
- I am having such a hard time making it to the gym. How can I get motivated?
- What are other toning routines you do at your house?