But I do a HIIT workout which gives me a great cardio workout with 30 second intervals of mixed quick workings that can be done indoors in place without equipment. Running in place, knee high running in place, and speed running in place are a few of the little of the interval workouts. It keeps it more interesting for me and keeps you inside which I prefer based on weather.
In college we ran for rowing when it was too icy to be on water. It required agility to avoid the icy patches. I wore a wool hat, smart wool socks (on both feet and hands) – and full length tights with a light sweat shirt. I tried to keep my feet dry…
Now, I do the HIIT class when I can fit it in. It’s “high intensity interval training”
The seconds App has it…
At that temperature the ice is dry. So it's really not that slippery.
It's currently melting and freezing where I am and I find that much more challenging to run in. I just shorten my stride way down in particularly icy conditions
I'm not saying running on ice is the smartest move. But I haven't biffed it yet.
- How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym when you really don’t want to?
- What do you do on a day when you’re not well?
- How do you manage to exercise during very busy days or when travelling?
- How do you make yourself exercise in the evening after work when you’re really tired?
- How do you find motivation and excitement throughout a stale routine that is unlikely to change if you don’t find that motivation first?
- What are the most efficient exercises I can do?
- How do you stay motivated if you don’t have an exercise buddy?
- What is you favourite fitness things you like to do?
- I am having such a hard time making it to the gym. How can I get motivated?
- What are other toning routines you do at your house?