- What is the best drink for breakfast?
- What kind of “great breakfast” can I prepare the night before? A part from overnight oats?
- What would be a good breakfast for a vegetarian who doesn’t eat eggs?
- Are there any prep ideas to get breakfast ready on super busy mornings?
- What do you drink as an alternative to caffeine based drinks to wake you up in the morning?
1. Plain (sometimes vanilla or coconut but pick a low sugar variety) yogurt (2/3 – 3/4 cup) with fruit(1/2 cup) and 1-2 tbsps nuts (walnuts, almonds), dash of cinnamon)
2. Egg muffins – 12 muffin liners in a muffin tray. Chopped tomatoes, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, cooked ham – not all but any combo of these making 1.5-2 tbsps per cup in the tray. Whisk eggs -10-12 depending on egg size and how full cups are with the above – (could add herbs or ground pepper to eggs) and top up the muffin cups to 1/4” or .75cm from top of liner with the mixture. Sprinkle with a pinch of shredded/grated cheese of choice. Bake 30 min at 350F. Freeze and then microwave to thaw/reheat as needed. Or they keep in the fridge. I don’t usually eat them past 4 days if they’re in the fridge. Serving is 2 muffins.
3. Poached eggs (2) with avocado and tomato slices, a small piece of fruit (1/2 cup).
4.Oatmeal (I cook about a 1/2 cup with cinnamon sprinkled in) Top cooked oatmeal with fruit (1/2 cup), 1-2 tbsps nuts (walnuts, almonds) and a dollop of yogurt.
Good luck on your journey.
Otherwise I really like soup for breakfast— chicken broth with cilantro, avocado, tomato, red onion, and a bit of tobasco and cheese.
Also a big fan of overnight oats and smoothie bowls. If you go to Pinterest, there are hundreds of recipes for them.
Rice bowls or savory oatmeal. The first is pretty self explanatory: cook a bunch of rice earlier , in the morning mix with the goodies and leftovers of your choice. You can make is sweet, sour, spicy. It takes on what ever you put it.
If you want to be decadent add the milky thing if your choice (coconut milk is good), cinnamon, vanilla and voilá, you have arroz con leche.
With the oatmeal it is basically the same,cook a bunch in advance (you could do overnight oats but I like steel cut), then mix with what you fancy. My favorite is to add an egg with other savory/spicy things. Remember, if you heat it in the microwave, you can cook the egg in it.
slice up some fruits the night before and pop it in the fridge.
then add milk and cereal to it the next morning .
TRY OUT DIFFERENT SEEDS
Flaxseed, sunflower seed.. blah blah…
add it to your boring cereal or oatmeal!
Always have fruits or veggie for breakfast though!
If you don’t have time a green shake (lettuce, spinach, orange, beets and almond milk) will always do the trick!
1. Scrambled/fried/poached eggs over spinach and whole wheat toast or quinoa
2. Avocado on whole wheat toast with some greens/sprouts, olive oil, and balsamic glaze
3. Finncrisp (or other hard bread like Ryvita) with sliced bell pepper, cucumber, and cheese; and sometimes a soft-boiled egg on the side
Basically, I try to get veggies in where I can and add a little healthy fat so I don't feel like I'm eating salad in the morning. Hope this is helpful!
• egg whites with a side of salsa is always good tasty yet healthy.
• avocado on wheat toast seasoned with salt and pepper,
• wheat toast with light mayo seasoned with salt and pepper.
• A egg white wrap with lettuce tomatoes avocado salsa, you can have:
• overnight oatmeal soaked in vanilla almond milk with cinnamon apples and a teaspoon of natural peanutbutter.
• Baked apples covered in cinnamon cooked in the oven
One last thought: Breakfast doesn’t have to fit a certain mold, any meal could break your fast! Perhaps try a favorite lunch or dinner meal to start your day. As long as it fuels you with the nutrients you need to start the day right 🙂
- I have high triglycerides and cholesterol. Will eating eggs everyday raise my levels?
- Does anyone have suggestions for easy breakfast that can be made ahead and brought to work?
- What breakfast foods are best for people with IBS?
- Anyone else on gluten and dairy free diet
- What do you do to maintain your eating habits when you’re a guest in someones home?
- What do you eat in a rush?
- What are some breakfast options to eat on the go?
- Favorite prepared night before quick breakfasts?
- How do I keep the motivation to make breakfast instead of just grabbing a proccesed snack?
- High protein vegan breakfast ideas?