From what I know, it’s best to try and focus on your breathing mostly, and whenever you get distracted by a thought, try to bring your focus back to your breathing and your body
I think that while you are meditating, your attention should be more focused on your breath and the physical sensations around you, rather than think about yourself. You can create an intention for your day while you are meditating and meditate on it to commit to it. Meditation is about giving your mind a rest and that means to focus on other aspects of yourself and be present in the moment 🙂
I beleive in maditation we should stay focused on not getting involved in our thoughts, even if they arise. It is not time to think.
There’s no right or wrong with meditating, I think. As long as you are doing your best of being aware of what is going through your mind without it taking you away from you practice, it is fine. Maybe try a guided meditation, or some music.
What's right, what's wrong – that's not how meditation works. It's OK to think about ourselves, but it's better to focus on environment that you in now
yes when we are meditating we should think about ourselves because meditation is about finding your center and feeling calm and you need to reflect on yourself before you can start to meditate. You should have a goal when you start so when you finish you can see how much you have grown as a person from finding your inner peace. The only time throughout meditation that i think about someone other than myself is if they ask you to show gratitude to someone.
- How do you meditate at work without being perceived as “dozing off”?
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?