- Do you get better at meditating the longer you do it?
- Are there any other positions (not sitting) one can try while meditating? It is hard for me to sit straight for too long due to my sciatica.
- What helps you to be happy when you are sad or in drama?
- How do you perfectly meditate?
- How do you meditate on your own? I can only do guided meditations right now and I’d like to get to a point where I can just do it in my own, even if just for a few minutes/
Here an other tip that help me a lot : guided meditation. I used the app headspace, highly recommended. From this app you’ll lean that it’s normal the mind wonders during meditation, the goal is to notice it and bring your attention back to the breathing. Hope this helps
Gently discipline your mind.
Also, I started with kirtain meditation due to my lack of focus. It’s still my favourite
Just focus on your breath!
Take time to think it through.
Try it a few times and I can tell you that this will end up working.
The way I paraphrase the advice for myself is “don’t fight your mind in order to concentrate. Instead concentrate on your mind in order to concentrate. Use your wandering mind and a steady breath be your focal point and rhythm to get you started. Observe yourself and your mind is wanderings. Meditation doesn’t mean you have to sit and focus on a specific thing, or wrestle your mind into concentrating on a specific point. All you have to do is sit and focus, whether you’re focusing on a specific point whether it be physical psychological or metaphysical, or if it’s a moving point such as: your mind. Focus on where your mind goes, why does it go there? What to do when I got there? How to get there? How do you feel about what I did when I got there? Bring it back to sender. Oh it’s wondering again? Where did it go? How to get there? Why did you go there? What do you think and/or feel about what it did? Then bring it back to Center.“ If your mines not gonna stop wondering don’t try and Put it in a cage, observe it, and then guide it gently back. most importantly, don’t scold yourself or your mind, or your thoughts. There’s no sense in punishing yourself over something you can’t control. It’s not about control. You can’t control it. No one can. All you can control is how you respond to it. You are not your brain. (That’s also the title of a great book I recommend)
- When meditating should I do it in the same place every time or do it where it’s best?
- How many hours a day do you meditate?
- How do you make sure you meditate every morning?
- What do you think are the disadvantages of meditating with ambient music?
- What to think while meditating?
- What changes did you see after practicing meditation in your personal and professional life? What time do you find is the best for doing it?
- What do you struggle with during meditation?
- When do you meditate? In the morning or before you go to sleep? I often feel like I’m falling asleep when I do it at night and that’s not it’s purpose.
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silent?
- I found myself dozing off during meditation, I try to use a meditation app but if I’m sleepy, it’s not going to work. Any suggestions?