- I sometimes have to work the night shift, how should I handle my evening routine?
- Where do you meditate? Is there a certain time of day you find that works best to meditate?
- When meditating should I do it in the same place every time or do it where it’s best?
- What type of meditation do you practice?
- How do you mediate without feeling you’re waiting for the timer to run out?
Here an other tip that help me a lot : guided meditation. I used the app headspace, highly recommended. From this app you’ll lean that it’s normal the mind wonders during meditation, the goal is to notice it and bring your attention back to the breathing. Hope this helps
Gently discipline your mind.
Also, I started with kirtain meditation due to my lack of focus. It’s still my favourite
Just focus on your breath!
Take time to think it through.
Try it a few times and I can tell you that this will end up working.
The way I paraphrase the advice for myself is “don’t fight your mind in order to concentrate. Instead concentrate on your mind in order to concentrate. Use your wandering mind and a steady breath be your focal point and rhythm to get you started. Observe yourself and your mind is wanderings. Meditation doesn’t mean you have to sit and focus on a specific thing, or wrestle your mind into concentrating on a specific point. All you have to do is sit and focus, whether you’re focusing on a specific point whether it be physical psychological or metaphysical, or if it’s a moving point such as: your mind. Focus on where your mind goes, why does it go there? What to do when I got there? How to get there? How do you feel about what I did when I got there? Bring it back to sender. Oh it’s wondering again? Where did it go? How to get there? Why did you go there? What do you think and/or feel about what it did? Then bring it back to Center.“ If your mines not gonna stop wondering don’t try and Put it in a cage, observe it, and then guide it gently back. most importantly, don’t scold yourself or your mind, or your thoughts. There’s no sense in punishing yourself over something you can’t control. It’s not about control. You can’t control it. No one can. All you can control is how you respond to it. You are not your brain. (That’s also the title of a great book I recommend)
- Do you use the meditations in the Fabulous app? Or do you have another app (e.g. Headspace)?
- Are there any meditation techniques that you use that you have found to be useful to get yourself to meditate and concentrate without your mind wandering?
- How can I master the one-minute meditation?
- If you don’t have time to meditate before you go to work when is the best time to do so?
- Is meditating in a bath bad? Impossible to have a straight back… but it is soothing..?
- What do you feel when you meditate? Does your mind wander a lot?
- What are some meditate exercises that help with sleep?
- How long do you fellow Fabulous members meditate? Or do you even meditate?
- How can I quit my YouTube addiction?
- How I can not be distracted while meditating?