Nope. It helps me focus and get into my body and be with myself. (less distracted)
- What benefits will I gain from meditation? Because I don’t feel changes.
- Whenever i try to meditate I feel like giving up.. I sit and close my eyes.. Then I feel bored.. Need some good tips..
- How long does it take usually to master meditation?
- How do you deal with boredom?
- Yes!! I typically sit criss cross on the floor but my legs falls asleep. But it is also the most comfortable position. How do others position themselves and how long does it take?
Yes and no. It doesn't make me sleep but it does "slow" me down which lets me declutter any of the thoughts I've started the day with & get it all in order before charging into the day
Lol, honestly. I’ve experienced that before and when I haven’t slept in a really long time, sure I could feel tired but when meditation is done correctly, feeling tired becomes another passing car while you watch from the sidewalk, just as any thought or emotion
It doesn't usually, however I find that when it does, it's because I am not sitting in an alert position. While it's tempting to meditate on a comfortable armchair, it's not ideal to meditate. I personally find that sitting cross-legged without a backrest makes me alert enough. However if I am meditating on a chair where I can lean back it's far more likely that I drift off if I'm tired.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?