Do you already have all of the energy you want in a day? Are you happy with your current eating habits, even later in the day? Are you trying to lose weight?
If your current eating habits already give you the sustained energy you want throughout the day, then I think the answer to your question is yes, eating several hours after you start your day is fine. But if you are waiting to eat and then eating either too much or not the right foods, then that’s probably not getting you where you want to go.
By eating a healthy, protein-rich breakfast *before* you get hungry, you will be less likely to ride a blood sugar roller coaster for the rest of the day. You won’t find yourself hungry and tempted to reach for a high-carb and/or sugary food because it’s “easy”. Once you’re hungry, you will be less likely to make good food choices.
- What is your favorite non-traditional breakfast choice?
- What should I drink in the morning?
- If you get to work and realize you forgot to eat what’s your best improvised breakfast?
- While keeping it healthy, what is the breakfast with the least prep time?
- Should I work out before or after breakfast?
- What is better between peanut butter and jam?
- What are some healthy simple choices for breakfast?
- What are your favorite breakfast spreads that you prepare the night before?
- How do you start a healthy breakfast?
- Does meal prep work?