Do you already have all of the energy you want in a day? Are you happy with your current eating habits, even later in the day? Are you trying to lose weight?
If your current eating habits already give you the sustained energy you want throughout the day, then I think the answer to your question is yes, eating several hours after you start your day is fine. But if you are waiting to eat and then eating either too much or not the right foods, then that’s probably not getting you where you want to go.
By eating a healthy, protein-rich breakfast *before* you get hungry, you will be less likely to ride a blood sugar roller coaster for the rest of the day. You won’t find yourself hungry and tempted to reach for a high-carb and/or sugary food because it’s “easy”. Once you’re hungry, you will be less likely to make good food choices.
- How big is your breakfast compared to your lunch?
- Could you offer simple ideas on what to cook in the morning that would be healthy?
- What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?
- How to meal prep breakfast??
- Any suggestions for a good vegetarian breakfast/ brunch for the weekend?
- Is there a website that you know which has great recipes for healthy food?
- My job is sedentary… What kind of breakfast should I be having?
- Is it healthy to eat the same breakfast every day?
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?