I almost always meditate laying down because that's the only way I feel truly relaxed with body not tagging at my mind all the time. I read about the preferred sitting position to keep 'alert' and prevent falling asleep but that hasn't been an issue and I'm feeling great after my meditations.
Hope that helps, and happy meditating! 🙂
However, to answer your question, I am more comfortable lying down. I get more benefit from that position. It may not be the best position, but with my spinal issues, I find that I can relax more in lying down. I am a very
Involved with my wacky family. I am blessed with 9 grandchildren (7 boys. ) We love getting together frequently to tease, complain, love each other. We are a very loud and weird family, which makes for a lot of laughter! No one is spared! We have fun! That is important.
Be well, be happy and laugh a lot!
If it is a different place every so often or every time then your mind and body will not center and you will not find your Chi.
I think the goal is to get to know your mind – how and where you do that doesn't matter too much in my opinion
- How do you keep the negative thoughts away?
- I’m a meditation beginner and I found my mind was always distracted by some memories inside my brain whenever I try to focus on my breath’s inhales and exhales. I know it needs time to practice. However, I want to know if there are some meditation skills I missed or something I was doing incorrectly?
- When does meditation become enlightening for you?
- Do you ever count seconds until meditation is over? How do you get into it?
- How do you keep being motivated to do your habits every day and stick by the schedule you’ve made?
- Just a quick question does anyone have a favorite meditation challenge?
- Do you use an app, or do you try meditating from the Fabulous timer?
- Mindfulness and Meditation… are they both different? If yes, how?
- Any tips for feeling anxious about whether I’m meditating “correctly”?
- Do you use the built in mediation from Fabulous, or do you use an external one when you do a mediation habit every day?