However, to answer your question, I am more comfortable lying down. I get more benefit from that position. It may not be the best position, but with my spinal issues, I find that I can relax more in lying down. I am a very
Involved with my wacky family. I am blessed with 9 grandchildren (7 boys. ) We love getting together frequently to tease, complain, love each other. We are a very loud and weird family, which makes for a lot of laughter! No one is spared! We have fun! That is important.
Be well, be happy and laugh a lot!
- Do you meditate in complete silence or prefer ambient music?
- What type of meditation is your favorite? Guided, music, or something else?
- Is there non-burning, light incense I could use? My toddler sleeps next to the room where I meditate in the morning and I don’t want to burn incense while he sleeps.
- What type of meditation do you prefer? Why?
- Do you have a special place for meditation? Do you use music?
I almost always meditate laying down because that's the only way I feel truly relaxed with body not tagging at my mind all the time. I read about the preferred sitting position to keep 'alert' and prevent falling asleep but that hasn't been an issue and I'm feeling great after my meditations.
Hope that helps, and happy meditating! 🙂
If it is a different place every so often or every time then your mind and body will not center and you will not find your Chi.
I think the goal is to get to know your mind – how and where you do that doesn't matter too much in my opinion
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?