Not once you start experiencing the benefits. Here’s a tip: don’t just floss but after you floss use a little mouthwash like Listerine. Started this a few years ago and realized I stopped getting the usual winter cold I used to get every year. Then when you realize how flossing in combo with Listerine kills the stuff growing your mouth that causes colds, you’ll floss just to keep from losing the time that a cold costs you each year.
Yes, it requires a lot of effort to pass the boredom of doing it properly and you don't see a immediate benefit out of it.
It can be. I think the best way to maintain the habit is to find the time to floss that worst best for you. Rather than commit to flossing before bed wcah night, and skip nights because you're just too tired or fall asleep on the couch, etc, better to find a time in the day when energy is higher. I floss either in the morning or afternoon. Sometimes at night. If I know I'm going to have a late night, I'll floss during the day so that I make sure to get it in.
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss