A couple of things can help:
1) it sounds obvious – but are you getting enough sleep? Try thinking about the times of day when your energy is low and try to avoid that time of day for meditation.
2) Try not to meditate after a full meal. A big meal makes us tend to get sleepy (not to mention a gurgling tummy is distracting! )
3) Try not meditate on, around or near your bed. Your mind associates your bed with sleeping and will often try to send you to dreamland.
4) If you’re still struggling – you can try sitting on a chair or even a walking meditation. You can put meditation music on your headphones or chant a mantra while walking. (Plus you get your exercise as well!)
Hope that helps
1. Think about if you’re getting enough sleep. If you’re not, that might make you tired and more likely to fall asleep when you relax during meditation.
2. If you lie down for meditation, try sitting up instead.
3. Try doing walking meditation. Not sure if fabulous has this, but there should definitely be some on you tube. Or you can do any meditation while walking, even if it’s not designated for that.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??