A couple of things can help:
1) it sounds obvious – but are you getting enough sleep? Try thinking about the times of day when your energy is low and try to avoid that time of day for meditation.
2) Try not to meditate after a full meal. A big meal makes us tend to get sleepy (not to mention a gurgling tummy is distracting! )
3) Try not meditate on, around or near your bed. Your mind associates your bed with sleeping and will often try to send you to dreamland.
4) If you’re still struggling – you can try sitting on a chair or even a walking meditation. You can put meditation music on your headphones or chant a mantra while walking. (Plus you get your exercise as well!)
Hope that helps
1. Think about if you’re getting enough sleep. If you’re not, that might make you tired and more likely to fall asleep when you relax during meditation.
2. If you lie down for meditation, try sitting up instead.
3. Try doing walking meditation. Not sure if fabulous has this, but there should definitely be some on you tube. Or you can do any meditation while walking, even if it’s not designated for that.