- Should i have a heavy or light breakfast?
- Meditation is a bit like a 10 min nap for me. Super helpful to clean up my head, but it’s not targeted. Anyone with tips on how to meditate on specific areas, such as for focus or reduced worry?
- Do you stretch throughout the day or at a designated time? If throughout, do you have any good small stretches to do at work?
- I work in retail. I have anything but a regular schedule. Trying to build routines that can’t be routine by a clock is tough. Help?
- What are some good stretches to do in bed?
Well, a bit more.
I use the bells of the app. Insight timer and/or a chosen meditation from YouTube
I also recommend listening to Binaural beats with headphones in. The sounds create a tone in your head and I use the movement of the tone to focus on to clear out thoughts. Other fun recommendations are to have good scents around you to observe—candles, essential oils, or incense—whatever makes you happy! 🙂
I also have an actual meditation room that I have set up in our smallest bedroom (7’x7’) – although a dedicated space in any quiet room (or sheltered outdoor area) would work. I have a rattan lotus chair, a salt lamp, low shelving with my books on meditation and other “peaceful” books, my singing brass bowl, and a few other items (sitting Buddha statue). I only use this space for meditation or reading books on meditation, Buddhism, or other “spiritual” books, so as soon as I go through the door, it is as though my intention and focus are already on meditation.
- What’s better than meditation?
- How should I meditate?
- Why is meditation important for you?
- How do you meditate without a guide?
- How important is body position for meditation?
- How many times should you meditate a day?
- How do you feel if you accidentally fall asleep during meditation? Do you try again later?
- Sometimes, when I have only 10 min. for a meditation in the morning and afterwards I need to leave to work, I feel it’s rather stressful to meditate. Should I persist with it or rather remove it from my morning routine?
- What is your favorite meditation tool/technique that takes 5 minutes or less?
- In what position should I be when I meditate? Can I meditate lying down?