I also have an actual meditation room that I have set up in our smallest bedroom (7’x7’) – although a dedicated space in any quiet room (or sheltered outdoor area) would work. I have a rattan lotus chair, a salt lamp, low shelving with my books on meditation and other “peaceful” books, my singing brass bowl, and a few other items (sitting Buddha statue). I only use this space for meditation or reading books on meditation, Buddhism, or other “spiritual” books, so as soon as I go through the door, it is as though my intention and focus are already on meditation.
I also recommend listening to Binaural beats with headphones in. The sounds create a tone in your head and I use the movement of the tone to focus on to clear out thoughts. Other fun recommendations are to have good scents around you to observe—candles, essential oils, or incense—whatever makes you happy! 🙂
Well, a bit more.
I use the bells of the app. Insight timer and/or a chosen meditation from YouTube
- What do you consider to be enlightenment?
- Any advice for meditating with chronic pain? It can be quite hard to focus..
- Have you found a way to integrate visualisation and mediation? Or is it two incompatible practises that can’t be combined ?
- What is better guided or non guided
- How do you get yourself to meditate when you just don’t feel like it?
- What are the most significant changes you felt since you started meditating?
- Does anyone else get a sort of low but constant buzzing angry energy when they start ramping up their meditation practice?? How do you deal with this, if so?
- How do you refocus when your mind wanders?
- How can I focus on meditation better? How can I stop my mind from wandering and becoming very distracted?
- Do you see anything when you meditate? What do you see?