Well, a bit more.
I use the bells of the app. Insight timer and/or a chosen meditation from YouTube
I also recommend listening to Binaural beats with headphones in. The sounds create a tone in your head and I use the movement of the tone to focus on to clear out thoughts. Other fun recommendations are to have good scents around you to observe—candles, essential oils, or incense—whatever makes you happy! 🙂
I also have an actual meditation room that I have set up in our smallest bedroom (7’x7’) – although a dedicated space in any quiet room (or sheltered outdoor area) would work. I have a rattan lotus chair, a salt lamp, low shelving with my books on meditation and other “peaceful” books, my singing brass bowl, and a few other items (sitting Buddha statue). I only use this space for meditation or reading books on meditation, Buddhism, or other “spiritual” books, so as soon as I go through the door, it is as though my intention and focus are already on meditation.
- How much time does it take to make meditation a habit?
- How do you meditate when you’re not in the spiritual mood and nothing feels connective?
- What is meditation definition?
- What are different ways of improving focus while I am studying? Can meditation help me in this?
- What does meditation mean?
- Can l meditate lying down?
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep