I also have an actual meditation room that I have set up in our smallest bedroom (7’x7’) – although a dedicated space in any quiet room (or sheltered outdoor area) would work. I have a rattan lotus chair, a salt lamp, low shelving with my books on meditation and other “peaceful” books, my singing brass bowl, and a few other items (sitting Buddha statue). I only use this space for meditation or reading books on meditation, Buddhism, or other “spiritual” books, so as soon as I go through the door, it is as though my intention and focus are already on meditation.
I also recommend listening to Binaural beats with headphones in. The sounds create a tone in your head and I use the movement of the tone to focus on to clear out thoughts. Other fun recommendations are to have good scents around you to observe—candles, essential oils, or incense—whatever makes you happy! 🙂
Well, a bit more.
I use the bells of the app. Insight timer and/or a chosen meditation from YouTube
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?