I took the liberty to attach a link oh a hummus receipt. You can serve with raw carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
Really engage your mind and body in the produce section of the market and see what happens!
Another quick use of veggies would be chopped up kale with mushrooms put it on the skillet and season with salt, pepper, red hot chili flakes and everything bagel seasoning. Hope this helps!
Dried beans, I make in the slow cooker. Follow directions as to water on the package. 1-2 pounds is what I make, depending on how many I’m feeding! Any leftovers are individuallly packaged and go in the freezer, as does the brown rice.
1. 1 pound Black or pinto beans
2. 3-6 cloves garlic, chopped, or equivalent dried, or paste
3. 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
4. 1-2 medium to hot peppers, such as Serrano, Jalapeños, etc. I prefer Serrano peppers when I can find them. I use dried chilipequins when I can find them.
5. 2-3 teaspoons salt
Add ingredients 1,2,3,4 to slow cooker with plenty of water OR vegetable broth (chicken or beef broth works well, also) and turn slow cooker to desired setting.
For the last hour, add the salt.
NOTE: Serve with fresh chopped or sliced tomatoes and onions and brown rice. Cole slaw, sautéed greens, tortillas or cornbread make great accompaniments!
NOTE II: I mash some of the leftover beans and make bean and rice burritos, adding cheese, salsa, guacamole, tomatoes, and onions.
NOTE III: cooking dried beans is more economical and much more flavorful than the canned beans. However, I also use canned beans in a pinch.
Tofu scramble is always an interesting and very nutritious place to start with plant-based. I would say however, if you’re just starting up, focus on dishes that exclusively include vegetables as the bulk of the sauce of meal, and not meat instituted products. You will see the great effects and then you can slowly begin to add in any meat substitutes that you might like.
Favorite almond milk: Blue Diamond Unflavored Unsweetened Almond Milk
I feel it tastes as close to regular milk as possible. Great in teas, coffees, cereals, basically anywhere regular milk would go.
Fantastic for chocolate milk!
- Do you eat only chilled/room temperature foods in the morning or do you take time to cook/reheat some meal?
- Any suggestions for a delicious and healthy breakfast option?
- What are some healthy and tasty protein options for breakfast?
- I will be glad to know some quick and tasty great breakfast recipes.
- Any other suggestions regarding great breakfasts that specificaly do not include fruits, eggs and cereal?
- Quick breakfasts if you like something warm in the morning?
- I would like to have some more recipes of healthy breakfasts.
- What do you do if people at home say “This is not a hotel, we cannot prepare a different variety of food for each individual. You have to eat what is available or go make something for yourself or go out and eat want you want.”?
- It is okay to have the same breakfast every morning?
- How many eggs a day can or should a person eat?