Tofu scramble is always an interesting and very nutritious place to start with plant-based. I would say however, if you’re just starting up, focus on dishes that exclusively include vegetables as the bulk of the sauce of meal, and not meat instituted products. You will see the great effects and then you can slowly begin to add in any meat substitutes that you might like.
Favorite almond milk: Blue Diamond Unflavored Unsweetened Almond Milk
I feel it tastes as close to regular milk as possible. Great in teas, coffees, cereals, basically anywhere regular milk would go.
Fantastic for chocolate milk!
Dried beans, I make in the slow cooker. Follow directions as to water on the package. 1-2 pounds is what I make, depending on how many I’m feeding! Any leftovers are individuallly packaged and go in the freezer, as does the brown rice.
1. 1 pound Black or pinto beans
2. 3-6 cloves garlic, chopped, or equivalent dried, or paste
3. 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
4. 1-2 medium to hot peppers, such as Serrano, Jalapeños, etc. I prefer Serrano peppers when I can find them. I use dried chilipequins when I can find them.
5. 2-3 teaspoons salt
Add ingredients 1,2,3,4 to slow cooker with plenty of water OR vegetable broth (chicken or beef broth works well, also) and turn slow cooker to desired setting.
For the last hour, add the salt.
NOTE: Serve with fresh chopped or sliced tomatoes and onions and brown rice. Cole slaw, sautéed greens, tortillas or cornbread make great accompaniments!
NOTE II: I mash some of the leftover beans and make bean and rice burritos, adding cheese, salsa, guacamole, tomatoes, and onions.
NOTE III: cooking dried beans is more economical and much more flavorful than the canned beans. However, I also use canned beans in a pinch.
Another quick use of veggies would be chopped up kale with mushrooms put it on the skillet and season with salt, pepper, red hot chili flakes and everything bagel seasoning. Hope this helps!
Really engage your mind and body in the produce section of the market and see what happens!
I took the liberty to attach a link oh a hummus receipt. You can serve with raw carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
- Need tips on great Indian vegetarian breakfast items.
- Is it ok to eat soba noodle in the morning?
- What tasty breakfast is easy to prepare with lots of protein and veg?
- What is your favorite easy breakfast?
- What is a quick healthy breakfast choice for kids?
- What are some good healthy vegan breakfast ideas to make when I’m short of time in the morning?
- What’s a good upset stomach breakfast?
- I travel a lot for work. Do you have any generic recommendations for breakfast on the road?
- When you are pressed for time in the morning, how do you still have a good breakfast?
- What specifically do you like to make in the morning for breakfast?