On one morming I have eggs, bread, tomatoes;
the other morning I usually have a fruit salad with nuts, chia seeds, (mulled flax seeds and shelled hemp seeds if I have them), mixed seeds (pumpkin seeds, linseeds, etc.), which I buy from the health shop, spirulina, and put fruit yogurt on top. Recently I tried it with a bit of peanut butter.
Or scramble eggs with sausage and 2 bananas and tea.
I have scrambled egg whites and blueberries. Try to keep my breakfast constant during the week. Change it during the weekend. Avoid coffee & wheat al all times.
* Omelette (2 eggs) with 3 slices of cheese
*1 kiwi and 1 banana with granola
* 50 ml of espresso
This has been keeping me satisfied and energized for the morning.
I always have a variety of muesli in a cupboard, as well a mix of dried fruits (mangoes, bananas, apricots) and nuts. And plant based 'milk', it stays good for much longer than cow's milk. This way I always have a quick and quality breakfast in case if I'm in a hurry in a morning, or don't happen to have eggs. Sometimes, when I prepare food for a few days ahead, it's also good for breakfast too (it's usually legumes, brown rice, black rice or buckwheat, sautéed with vegetables; this kind of food stays good for long time, if stored in containers and refrigerated). This way I only have to heat it in the morning. Throw in a couple of fried/boiled eggs and there you have a fabulous breakfast 🙂
On a day when I have more time and energy I make have a slice of toast, spread cream cheese, and top with apple slices and honey.
I love this meal because you can change out the ingredients with whatever you’d like. Change the cream cheese with ricotta, or maybe a vegan alternative. Change white bread with a brown bread slice. Pears instead of apples. Whatever you’d like!
(Sidenote: Chia seed jam is super good and full of antioxidants, I think everyone should try. Microwave 1/2 cup frozen blueberries & 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. Then, add 1 Tbs of apple juice [or any juice realy] and 1 Tbs of chia seeds. Set aside for like 30mins. It can be stored for maybe a week. Put it on anything!!)
Meat: Spam, Bologne, Ham, Bacon.
“String Cheese” Cheddar, Jack…
Dairy: 1/4C Greek Yogurt, Plain, Unsweetened; 1/2C Cottage Cheese, Plain, Unsweetened
Beverage: Tea (Neat); Sencha, Genmaicha, or Black.
Beverage: Coffee, Black
Beverage: Almond Milk, Almond & Coconut Milk, all Unsweetened.
I’ve had cottage cheese and Greek Yogurt with crumbled Bacon bits – it was different.
When you get bored with the norm, try something different.
Tip: I find that having ingredients to give your breakfast a 'finishing touch', like
– flaked almonds or a sprinkling of cinnamon with your fruit breakfast
– herbs with your egg breakfast
…add to the presentation which gives more of a feeling that you're doing something to really look after yourself and make breakfast 'special' and 'great' rather than run of the mill.
Also throw in 'special' or 'luxury' ingredients now and again, like strawberries or smoked salmon.
I want to start experimenting with making new dishes too, to keep it varied. Eg chia seed pudding. At some point I also plan to look to other world cuisines for inspiration and to switch it up. What does the world eat for breakfast? In Africa/Asia/Latin America/Italy/Spain/France etc?
Happy breakfasting!! 🍳🍞☕️
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?
- What is the lightest acceptable breakfast for someone with a full hectic schedule?
- What’s a good breakfast option for vegans?
- What would you combine in an easy go-to, vegan, breakfast smoothie that includes all the necessary vitamins and minerals for a physically active working day?
- When is the best time to have breakfast?
- What are your plans to make sure you eat a good healthy breakfast every morning?
- I sometimes like to sprinkle grains, nuts and fruit on a green salad for breakfast. Is there any reason I shouldn’t eat a raw greens salad after my morning workout?
- Any quick protein rich vegan breakfasts? Need some ideas! Thanks 🙂
- How can I make a dairy-free omelette?