On one morming I have eggs, bread, tomatoes;
the other morning I usually have a fruit salad with nuts, chia seeds, (mulled flax seeds and shelled hemp seeds if I have them), mixed seeds (pumpkin seeds, linseeds, etc.), which I buy from the health shop, spirulina, and put fruit yogurt on top. Recently I tried it with a bit of peanut butter.
- How do you maintain a healthy food diet?
- What is the least time-consuming way to get a great breakfast?
- What if you don`t have time to eat, what do you do?
- Do you think breakfast smoothies would be the best choice if you feel pressed for time?
- If I don’t eat an egg for breakfast I’m starving two hours later. Eating cereal is worse than not eating anything at all. Is it egg protein or fat that stays with me?
Meat: Spam, Bologne, Ham, Bacon.
“String Cheese” Cheddar, Jack…
Dairy: 1/4C Greek Yogurt, Plain, Unsweetened; 1/2C Cottage Cheese, Plain, Unsweetened
Beverage: Tea (Neat); Sencha, Genmaicha, or Black.
Beverage: Coffee, Black
Beverage: Almond Milk, Almond & Coconut Milk, all Unsweetened.
I’ve had cottage cheese and Greek Yogurt with crumbled Bacon bits – it was different.
When you get bored with the norm, try something different.
I have scrambled egg whites and blueberries. Try to keep my breakfast constant during the week. Change it during the weekend. Avoid coffee & wheat al all times.
(Sidenote: Chia seed jam is super good and full of antioxidants, I think everyone should try. Microwave 1/2 cup frozen blueberries & 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. Then, add 1 Tbs of apple juice [or any juice realy] and 1 Tbs of chia seeds. Set aside for like 30mins. It can be stored for maybe a week. Put it on anything!!)
* Omelette (2 eggs) with 3 slices of cheese
*1 kiwi and 1 banana with granola
* 50 ml of espresso
This has been keeping me satisfied and energized for the morning.
I always have a variety of muesli in a cupboard, as well a mix of dried fruits (mangoes, bananas, apricots) and nuts. And plant based 'milk', it stays good for much longer than cow's milk. This way I always have a quick and quality breakfast in case if I'm in a hurry in a morning, or don't happen to have eggs. Sometimes, when I prepare food for a few days ahead, it's also good for breakfast too (it's usually legumes, brown rice, black rice or buckwheat, sautéed with vegetables; this kind of food stays good for long time, if stored in containers and refrigerated). This way I only have to heat it in the morning. Throw in a couple of fried/boiled eggs and there you have a fabulous breakfast 🙂
On a day when I have more time and energy I make have a slice of toast, spread cream cheese, and top with apple slices and honey.
I love this meal because you can change out the ingredients with whatever you’d like. Change the cream cheese with ricotta, or maybe a vegan alternative. Change white bread with a brown bread slice. Pears instead of apples. Whatever you’d like!
Tip: I find that having ingredients to give your breakfast a 'finishing touch', like
– flaked almonds or a sprinkling of cinnamon with your fruit breakfast
– herbs with your egg breakfast
…add to the presentation which gives more of a feeling that you're doing something to really look after yourself and make breakfast 'special' and 'great' rather than run of the mill.
Also throw in 'special' or 'luxury' ingredients now and again, like strawberries or smoked salmon.
I want to start experimenting with making new dishes too, to keep it varied. Eg chia seed pudding. At some point I also plan to look to other world cuisines for inspiration and to switch it up. What does the world eat for breakfast? In Africa/Asia/Latin America/Italy/Spain/France etc?
Happy breakfasting!! 🍳🍞☕️
Or scramble eggs with sausage and 2 bananas and tea.
- What is everyone’s favorite breakfast that is quick?
- What is a quick, nutritious and filling (long-lasting energy) breakfast option?
- How do you eat a good breakfast while away from home?
- What is an ideal quick and easy vegetarian breakfast?
- What’s on your breakfast plate?
- How good is rice and chicken for breakfast??
- What is an easy breakfast to make the night before if mornings are hard?
- What is a quick, easy and nutritious breakfast I can eat on the go?
- Any easy and healthy breakfast ideas for office going people to prepare in the morning?
- What about intermittent fasting? Does anyone have experience with this? If so should I stop having breakfast?