It depends on where you are experiencing pain! Increase flexibility in your hip joints with side bend poses or sitting down and reaching for your feet to stretch hamstrings, or massaging the muscles around your knees to loosen them up if that's where you feel pain. Give them a go!!
Doing hip openers while standing can definitely help! You can also stack your shins with feet directly above and below knees instead of twisting them for the same benefit.
Here's what I do when I do too much bending forward cuz the job. I know it sounds funny. But former military uses what works. Not what sounds good. The yoga positions upward dog and downward dog this I'll limber your core right back up. And when your done thinking about yoga being for women. If u are not saying you are….. Go get P90x from Beachbody.com. it's yoga routine will turn you into the Gumby of destiny. Not to mention core synergetics and plyometriss… OMG.. dude. Ply.o.met.rics. you Will hate it. Then you will love it when you finally win against it. Be the surfer. "The mountain does not yield to the ocean. It breaks it with it's will" – me horribly damaged. With over 70 known fractures. Most stress fractures.. bit they count. They still had to heal before you can work out again. Be careful though. Follow the instructions faithfully. Form before glory. Glory upon victory. Be a P90x graduate. Weightlifters can't keep up with my 155 pound partical physicist frame.
People with extremely stiff joints should not sit Lotus. This is according to my yoga instructor. You should make some time to go to a class and ask some questions of a real live instructor. It'll cost less than $20 depending on where you live. Try the free Daily Yoga app, too. Yoga should feel good. You set yourself up for joint injuries if you persist doing poses to the point of pain. Sitting cross legged is fine for Westerners (aka not from India & doing yoga from birth). 😉🥰 Namasté, friend.
Place a pillow or two under your hips and make sure that your knees fall underneath your hips. That’s worked best for me
- Does maintaining an upright seated position while meditating get easier with practice?
- How do you meditate outside house, say at work, without attracting too much attention of people around?
- Do you ever meditate while lying on your back? Is this a valid way to meditate?
- I usually meditate by lying over the ground and closing my eyes… can I do it while doing other postures like Yoga and how to do it
- What’s you’re advice for someone with severe pain syndrome or fibromyalgia? When having bad days, it’s so hard to stick to the routines, the chain breaks so soon and it have physical and emotional pain everytime.
- Do you only use meditate as a point of focus or for anything else? Visualization, reflection, prayer?
- which part of the day do you feel is the best time for you to meditate? thanks!
- What is an ideal duration for meditating? What time of the day/night? Does it matters?
- Sitting on thr floor upright is painful for my back. Are there any suggestions on how to improve my meditation posture?
- Do any of y’all use headspace as a meditation app? How’s it going?