My only thought is why do you need to get into that specific position? I tried and tried as well for a while then shifted gears to be comfortable and focused on mobility separately. Much better progress in both mobility and seated postures now.
when i am stiff especially in the morning i sometimes resort to just cross-legged. as of the lotus position, the hip rotation stretch could help or leaning your back against a wall while doing it
Stretching is an important factor before and after along with continuous practice so there is not large days in between when practicing also make sure your posture is correct Good luck!
I found that meditating on a meditation bench was easier at first. It is easier on the knees but keeps you aligned. I made mine from a quick internet search. Good luck!
I deal with sciatica almost daily and sometimes the lotus position can be a little rough on my back. Usually I’ll stretch my lower body out before sitting. If the position is still too hard I will do a more relaxed fold of my legs and not so tight. Most importantly though is to make sure you are sitting in a comfortable manor where the spine is straight. I also use a meditation pillow (aka my throw pillow from the couch) and use that to raise my hips into a better position putting less tension on my groin and hamstrings. Gymnast Stretching for about 30minutes a day has helped a lot with these problems and has allowed more flexibility in my feet and knees.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?