When I don't have time I get a yogurt cup and an apple or banana
I also cook blueberry quinoa. Which is cooked quinoa, almond milk, fresh blueberries, honey. Cook for about 20 min until it's the consistency you like .
Whole grain toast with natural chunky peanut butter
Omelet with a bunch of veggies
My breakfast is heaviest meal, as in tradition: "breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, dinner like a pauper".
Typically omlet w cheese & spinach & other veggies, sometimes salmon, small whole wheat toast w avacado, avacado smoothie.
Might be too heavy for many.
BUT! Sometimes I have avocado toast, bacon and eggs, pancakes (not really healthy but whatever), smoothies, nice stuff that just gets you through the morning.
I use Dave’s Killer bread
And tomatoes if I feel zesty.
Or a delicious banana smoothie.
I like mine thick so I freeze my bananas the add kortinje Cinnamon, ice and Vanilla soy milk. It’s very filling!!
My go to is chia seed pudding that you can make the night before, and flavor with nuts, seeds or berries. I’ve started to add coconut milk and peanut butter for even more flavor and protein. You can do the same thing with overnight oats.
Also, you can make ahead breakfast muffins with eggs, spinach and turkey sausage that you can pop in the toaster for 5 minutes if you’ve are wanting something savory.
I have also made a recipe for overnight oats. The basics of it is oatmeal and milk that sit in the fridge to soak overnight and make an easy grab and go in the morning! There are many different ways to make them such as with fruit or chocolate chips. One of my favorites is banana and peanut butter! There are tons of recipes online if you’re in need of inspiration!
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??