When I don't have time I get a yogurt cup and an apple or banana
I also cook blueberry quinoa. Which is cooked quinoa, almond milk, fresh blueberries, honey. Cook for about 20 min until it's the consistency you like .
Whole grain toast with natural chunky peanut butter
Omelet with a bunch of veggies
My breakfast is heaviest meal, as in tradition: "breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, dinner like a pauper".
Typically omlet w cheese & spinach & other veggies, sometimes salmon, small whole wheat toast w avacado, avacado smoothie.
Might be too heavy for many.
BUT! Sometimes I have avocado toast, bacon and eggs, pancakes (not really healthy but whatever), smoothies, nice stuff that just gets you through the morning.
I use Dave’s Killer bread
And tomatoes if I feel zesty.
Or a delicious banana smoothie.
I like mine thick so I freeze my bananas the add kortinje Cinnamon, ice and Vanilla soy milk. It’s very filling!!
My go to is chia seed pudding that you can make the night before, and flavor with nuts, seeds or berries. I’ve started to add coconut milk and peanut butter for even more flavor and protein. You can do the same thing with overnight oats.
Also, you can make ahead breakfast muffins with eggs, spinach and turkey sausage that you can pop in the toaster for 5 minutes if you’ve are wanting something savory.
I have also made a recipe for overnight oats. The basics of it is oatmeal and milk that sit in the fridge to soak overnight and make an easy grab and go in the morning! There are many different ways to make them such as with fruit or chocolate chips. One of my favorites is banana and peanut butter! There are tons of recipes online if you’re in need of inspiration!
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.