-Fellow Depressed Person
First thing, always involve one or two friends in the process… so you always have a buddy to do exercises with you… when you have a friend… he/she will encourage you and you will encourage him/her.
Second thing, try to remember the exercise will help your body but also you soul! Your body will produce endorphins and other hormones that will help you to handle with your depression.
Third, if you don’t manage something big… go out for a walk… you can go and buy fresh bread in the closest bakery… you can go out and sit in the closest park to see birds….. something that bring you joy
Presently, I set a schedule so that I can keep to it regardless of how I am feeling.
The same applies for studying or any chores around the house 🙂
Another way is the challenge yourself, decide that this week im doing 4 exercises, pick the days, write it down and put it in your calendar. Then do it when it comes around. Good luck!!
After awhile you can do it with less afford. But consider how much your exercise is intense to get the most of this.
Good luck 🍀
Love you! You got this, I’m here for you♥️
Another trick often use is to just count to 10 and start the task. I try and ignore my mental thought process. Once my body starts moving, my mind catches up.
I exercise as soon as I wake up. So the first thing I do is tell myself I had a great nights sleep, if I check to see if I feel awful it tends to becone a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Every night I put my work out clothes on the radiator so they're lovely and warm to get into in the morning. I also only listen to a playlist of songs I love when exercising or light a favourite sented candle. Doing something like this that makes you happy, whatever it is, incentivises exercising.
But most importantly start small. Make your goal so easy, 10 jumping jacks, 5 sit ups or just 1 push up. Make it so easy that it is entirely achievable. 9 times out of 10 you'll find you want to do more, and on the days you can't, don't worry you already achieved your goal!
Be patient and gentle with yourself. I know what it feels like so remember this is your life, you cannot fail. There are good days and bad days. If it's a bad day just know that by tomorrow today will be over.
It's not willpower, it's self care cause it's fun.
- How essential is it to excersise in the morning if I’m already used to doing it in the evening and doing a quick stretching set in the morning?
- I tend to go to the gym and do long workout sessions. It becomes this big deal. How can I get in there and out really fast?
- What is your favorite exercise routine to do at home?
- I want to start gym in morning. But I am not able to get up before 8 am at all. 😉 How can I do it? Alarms and wake-up calls don’t work. Please help!
- The goal is to make exercise a lifestyle. How do I go about that?
- How do you improve and keep things fresh in your exercise habit?
- What exercises are in your morning routine?
- How is exercising every day different from just 2 to 4 times a week?
- How do you exercise outside in extreme cold or heat weather conditions?
- What do you say to yourself to keep exercising when it gets difficult, you don’t have time, or you’re too tired, or burned out, or feeling a little sore, etc?