-Fellow Depressed Person
First thing, always involve one or two friends in the process… so you always have a buddy to do exercises with you… when you have a friend… he/she will encourage you and you will encourage him/her.
Second thing, try to remember the exercise will help your body but also you soul! Your body will produce endorphins and other hormones that will help you to handle with your depression.
Third, if you don’t manage something big… go out for a walk… you can go and buy fresh bread in the closest bakery… you can go out and sit in the closest park to see birds….. something that bring you joy
Presently, I set a schedule so that I can keep to it regardless of how I am feeling.
The same applies for studying or any chores around the house 🙂
Another way is the challenge yourself, decide that this week im doing 4 exercises, pick the days, write it down and put it in your calendar. Then do it when it comes around. Good luck!!
After awhile you can do it with less afford. But consider how much your exercise is intense to get the most of this.
Good luck 🍀
Love you! You got this, I’m here for you♥️
Another trick often use is to just count to 10 and start the task. I try and ignore my mental thought process. Once my body starts moving, my mind catches up.
I exercise as soon as I wake up. So the first thing I do is tell myself I had a great nights sleep, if I check to see if I feel awful it tends to becone a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Every night I put my work out clothes on the radiator so they're lovely and warm to get into in the morning. I also only listen to a playlist of songs I love when exercising or light a favourite sented candle. Doing something like this that makes you happy, whatever it is, incentivises exercising.
But most importantly start small. Make your goal so easy, 10 jumping jacks, 5 sit ups or just 1 push up. Make it so easy that it is entirely achievable. 9 times out of 10 you'll find you want to do more, and on the days you can't, don't worry you already achieved your goal!
Be patient and gentle with yourself. I know what it feels like so remember this is your life, you cannot fail. There are good days and bad days. If it's a bad day just know that by tomorrow today will be over.
It's not willpower, it's self care cause it's fun.
- If I wake up late, what can I do to exercise and yet still reach my office on time?
- How do you get up and exercise in the morning?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise on days when you’re just exhausted and had a 12-hour shift at work?
- How do you stay fit and focused when your job is mainly sedentary?
- How do you stay fit and motivated when your job is sedentary?
- What kinds of exercises should I do as a beginner?
- How do you stick to an exercise regimen? I always start well and then let it slide.
- Can you suggest at home workouts for fat loss?
- How long do you usually exercise in the morning?
- Is there a habit that you have had a hard time keeping up? I think most people might say exercise. But, I have not been consistent with meditation no matter how many times I have started over. Truth be told, I fall asleep. Any suggestions on changing up how I do this? P.S. Time of day makes no difference. 😴