-Fellow Depressed Person
First thing, always involve one or two friends in the process… so you always have a buddy to do exercises with you… when you have a friend… he/she will encourage you and you will encourage him/her.
Second thing, try to remember the exercise will help your body but also you soul! Your body will produce endorphins and other hormones that will help you to handle with your depression.
Third, if you don’t manage something big… go out for a walk… you can go and buy fresh bread in the closest bakery… you can go out and sit in the closest park to see birds….. something that bring you joy
Presently, I set a schedule so that I can keep to it regardless of how I am feeling.
The same applies for studying or any chores around the house 🙂
Another way is the challenge yourself, decide that this week im doing 4 exercises, pick the days, write it down and put it in your calendar. Then do it when it comes around. Good luck!!
After awhile you can do it with less afford. But consider how much your exercise is intense to get the most of this.
Good luck 🍀
Love you! You got this, I’m here for you♥️
Another trick often use is to just count to 10 and start the task. I try and ignore my mental thought process. Once my body starts moving, my mind catches up.
I exercise as soon as I wake up. So the first thing I do is tell myself I had a great nights sleep, if I check to see if I feel awful it tends to becone a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Every night I put my work out clothes on the radiator so they're lovely and warm to get into in the morning. I also only listen to a playlist of songs I love when exercising or light a favourite sented candle. Doing something like this that makes you happy, whatever it is, incentivises exercising.
But most importantly start small. Make your goal so easy, 10 jumping jacks, 5 sit ups or just 1 push up. Make it so easy that it is entirely achievable. 9 times out of 10 you'll find you want to do more, and on the days you can't, don't worry you already achieved your goal!
Be patient and gentle with yourself. I know what it feels like so remember this is your life, you cannot fail. There are good days and bad days. If it's a bad day just know that by tomorrow today will be over.
It's not willpower, it's self care cause it's fun.
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?