Take your time when stretching.
Make sure you never feel off balance or dizzy when stretching.
Never do any type of stretch position or isometric exercise/ stretch that causes you pin or discomfort.
A good rule of thumb may also be when performing any type of stretch position, make sure to keep your joints slightly flexed- don’t lock your joint or fully extend or fully flex your joint. When performing certain stretch positions, it is better to grasp or hold your muscle rather than a joint.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?