1) Lower the brightness so your eyes can adjust to the darkness.
2) End any conversation you are having with someone via text or phone call.
3) Logout of any social media so you won't be distracted.
4) Close any apps or tabs you have left open.
5) Put your device on silent so you won't be disturbed with any messages.
6) Shut your phone down completely so it won't be easy for you to turn it on in the middle of the night.
7) Plug your device in a spot high up so you won't be able to reach it until you fully wake up in the morning or afternoon. Like a night-stand or a desk.
8) Find a comfortable spot or position in your bed and relax. Your body will drift into sleep
- What do you do when: eyes closed, lights off… and suddenly you start thinking about what you have to do tomorrow?
- When you disconnect but your mind is still busy and distracted, how do you calm it?
- How do you disconnect & unplug if you have to use your phone to check the evening routine as done?
- How soon before bed is recommended to disconnect? And what are your favorite ways to get ready for bed that don’t involve your phone?
- What is an alternative? My phone has become my safety blanket. What is something I can use instead during awkward situations?
- I would really love a solid way to minimize social media use in my down time??
- How long before going to bed do you put the phone down?
- Do you guys listen to music when you go to bed?
- Q regarding Disconnect : would it be improvement if I cant shut all of the tech off..to atleast cut back. For ex. I just got a new book. I’ll read tonight instead of TV..etc.
- How do you limit TV time?