1) Lower the brightness so your eyes can adjust to the darkness.
2) End any conversation you are having with someone via text or phone call.
3) Logout of any social media so you won't be distracted.
4) Close any apps or tabs you have left open.
5) Put your device on silent so you won't be disturbed with any messages.
6) Shut your phone down completely so it won't be easy for you to turn it on in the middle of the night.
7) Plug your device in a spot high up so you won't be able to reach it until you fully wake up in the morning or afternoon. Like a night-stand or a desk.
8) Find a comfortable spot or position in your bed and relax. Your body will drift into sleep
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?