Photographing their art is a great idea – I've seen some parents put all those photos together in a photo book at the end of the year. For the art they've put less effort into, I save them in a box and use them for scrapbooking and collage projects. (My nieces and nephews are young though, and don't care that I tear up their work – that may become an issue later!) For the scuptural projects, I use the most complete ones as decorations, either year-round or as Christmas ornaments. I also set aside one spot in my house where their art projects can go on display for a month or so, then I either save, reuse, or recycle them after that. I also got a portfolio book to put their paper art in, and kept it in my living room; they were tickled pink to see their art on display, and loved to go through that book. Maybe each child can have their own portfolio in their room!
Why not make a collage of your kids art to showcase their abilities and then dispose of the leftovers. So your kids feel like you appreciate their work and yet you’re not drowning In drawings
There's an app called Artkive that helps you photograph/document your kids' artwork. I've used it in the past and it's a great way to alleviate the guilt that comes with tossing out art projects.
- How do you clean up large spaces and big projects in a short amount of time?
- What’s your favourite cleaning music?
- Any tips for going through junk drawers? I am struggling…
- How are you tidyng up your room?
- When do you schedule your clean and tidy up habit in Fabulous?
- How do you know when to stop cleaning? There’s always more to do!
- How do you stay motivated to clean when you are depressed?
- How can I keep stuffed animals in good condition and free of collecting any dust or things of that sort?
- How do you get motivated to declutter a room. I keep putting it on my list and can’t get anything done other then a to do list. 😳 Everything else i put on my to do lists gets done.
- How do you organize books? I am a nerd 🤓 and I have a whole ton and they are just falling off my desk, my bookshelf is crammed, they are all over my dresser, it’s a book invasion! Lol help me!