Just decide if the habit is right for you to complete today. Sometimes it’s not or you need a break. I get upset and feel I need to complete all habits to maintain a streak, but if I force myself to do something that’s not right for me that day, then it will begin to associate it with negative feelings and dread, which is the exact opposite of what you want! So as long as you aren’t skipping out TOO often, skipping a few habits shouldn’t make you feel guilty or put you off starting again!
When I consistently don't do a habit I analyze if its the right time to do it or if I have too much in my plate or need to let go of something that's not doing any better for me.
For me reading about the science behind meditation and practicing gratitude helps to motivate me. I have a chronic illness that makes me feel guilty on a daily basis about the simple things I can't get done. I'm hoping sticking with this app helps in that part of my life too.
- How do you manage to stay grateful in difficult moments
- What’s the most unexpected thing you have been grateful for?
- What are some ways you express your gratitude?
- What’s your favorite way to express gratitude?
- What has helped you to stay greatful.
- How you remind yourself of all things to be grateful for?
- When it’s difficult to think of things, what “small stuff” do you find you can always be grateful for?
- How do you manage to still be grateful on days when everything seems dark and pointless?
- do you sometimes feel that you have nothingto to be grateful for?
- What are some little joys in life I can learn to appreciate?