When I meditate I let and accept all mental distractions as they are part of developing one’s practise. Focus on hearing and feeling your breath. For deep focus I employ simple mantras. ‘I am that I am’
- What is the best method and time of day to meditate for focus and energy?
- My grades are kind of bad. What should I do to make them good?
- I usually meditate in bed before I go to sleep or to help me fall asleep, but lately I have been finding I have no concentration while meditating and just get distracted by thoughts with little success or energy to focusing on the meditation. Any ideas for regaining focus while meditating?
- How long should each meditation session be?
- Do you use the guided meditation sessions or do you have your own method? If you have your own method, can you please share what works for you?
I like to use an anchor of sorts. Maybe the sound of bells. Sometimes using my breathe also works as an anchor if I use a visual aid of my breathe circling in and out.
First i acknowledge that im getting distracted and remind myself that these are the reasons i always stay the same,that im meditating to bring a change. I SLOWLY BRING MY ATTENTION BACK TO MY THOUGHTS THAT IM FOCUSING ON AND I GIVE MYSELF CREDIT FOR NOT BEING DISTRACTED,THAT THIS TOO IS A SMALL STEP TOWARDS CHANGE.
Donaldo Da Paz
It's the nature of the mind to be busy. Try to focus on the meditation, but more importantly, don't be so hard on yourself when your mind wanders.
I have found observing your thoughts and not reacting to them helps alot. Just let them be there, they will pass and when you dont react to them this makes meditating easier. Also try just focusing on your breath and anytime thoughts come in just let them be and go back to focusing on your breath. This has helped me tremendously.
- What helps you stay focused? Do you use a physical focusing point?
- Has your meditation practice changed you in any noticeable way?
- What is the percentage of guided versus alone?
- What do you do when one thought after another seems to pop into your meditation?
- What is the results meditation continuously has brought to you after four weeks-some often practice?
- Do you have a mantra?
- Do you use a meditation app? I use headspace, but I’ve heard of so many.
- What are some of your favorite meditation spots? Your couch? Sitting in a straight-backed chair?
- How do you come back to focus after your mind has wandered?
- How can I make myself to meditate every day? It a quiet and peaceful place one of the conditions?