Once in the morning for 10-15 minutes seems most common. But transcendental meditation is done twice a day for 20 min and vipassana is typically 1 hour in the morning and 1 in the evening. There is also walking meditation and mindfulness which I think all counts. Any practice in which you give your thinking mind a rest and be in the present moment is meditation to me. Find a practice and make it your own!
- How do you meditate without a guide, just music? What’s the goal? I feel it gets me more anxious because I know I’m doing it wrong 🙁
- What do you do, if you want to stop early?
- Is it ok to meditate lying down in the bed or is it better to sit down on the floor! Not sure if there is much difference! Thanks
- There will be many thought that will went through while we meditating. Is that consider as fail for meditation?
- How do you deal with boredom?
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?