Once in the morning for 10-15 minutes seems most common. But transcendental meditation is done twice a day for 20 min and vipassana is typically 1 hour in the morning and 1 in the evening. There is also walking meditation and mindfulness which I think all counts. Any practice in which you give your thinking mind a rest and be in the present moment is meditation to me. Find a practice and make it your own!
- What types of stretches would you recommend to someone with lumbar scoliosis?
- How long after waking up I should have my breakfast?
- What are some good options for slow-sugar food?
- Does your breakfast routine change on your days off? Sometimes I find myself missing breakfast on days I don't work since I get stuck in the I'll do it later mode.
- How can I reduce my weight quickly?
- How long do you meditate for?
- Do you meditate in the dark, with dimmed lights, or with bright lights on? Why?
- I try to meditate before bed every night and I always just fall asleep just before the 10 min bell goes off to signal the end of the meditation. It jolts me awake and I end up feeling a bit stressed out by the sensation. Any tips to help stay in the moment rather than falling asleep?
- Do you prefer meditating by yourself or using a guided meditation?
- Sometimes I jump out of my state of meditation kinda like the falling dream that can wake you as you begin to sleep. Is this normal? Why does this happen and are there ways to help prevent this reaction?
- Sometimes I feel that meditation is wasting my time. How do I stop that?
- Do you meditate upon a question?
- When do you find it hardest to meditate? When do you find it the easiest?
- I can’t seem to quiet my mind during meditation. How do I just STOP thinking. Also how do I prevent myself from falling asleep in the process?
- I haven’t been able to start doing my 3 days exercises challenge. Even with Fabulous’s help. Any suggestions on how to motivate myself to start?