Once in the morning for 10-15 minutes seems most common. But transcendental meditation is done twice a day for 20 min and vipassana is typically 1 hour in the morning and 1 in the evening. There is also walking meditation and mindfulness which I think all counts. Any practice in which you give your thinking mind a rest and be in the present moment is meditation to me. Find a practice and make it your own!
- What is the best Indian Pre and Post-workout meal?
- Do you have any food ideas for students who feel nauseous when eating breakfast in the morning?
- What do you eat for breakfast for energy besides yogurt or carbs?
- What time of day do you meditate and how long do you do it?
- For those of us that have no trouble digging deep at work but lots of trouble finding that same strength when it comes to exercise, how do you find joy when it’s just feels like pain?
- Where do you focus your eyes when they are closed?
- After some practice…can we really trust and make the difference between our intuition voice and our mind voice?
- Do you know whether meditating can help someone heal and recover from a concussion?
- It takes me a while to quiet my thoughts. What tips do you have to quiet the mind?
- What time of day do you like to meditate and if you are religious how do you fit this in with other spiritual practices?
- How do you cope with times where you act out of line with your values/priorities leading to negative consequences where you feel you’ve let yourself down?
- How can we meditate properly?
- What time of day is best for meditating?
- What do you guys focus on while meditating?
- How do you prevent feeling sleepy during meditation?