Once in the morning for 10-15 minutes seems most common. But transcendental meditation is done twice a day for 20 min and vipassana is typically 1 hour in the morning and 1 in the evening. There is also walking meditation and mindfulness which I think all counts. Any practice in which you give your thinking mind a rest and be in the present moment is meditation to me. Find a practice and make it your own!
- Do you think you need to have a space and set time for meditation. Does it help?
- Can we meditate while doing something?
- Do you have any techniques to make meditation easier?
- Meditation is difficult for me. I think there are a lot that I should learn but the problem is that I am not even able to slow down my thoughts. As soon as I wake up my mind jumps everywhere. How can I setup an effective meditation habit that really helps me visualizing my goals?
- How many of you are using Headspace for meditation?
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?