1, a scheduled time and Location that NEVER varies, either a class or personal training.
2, I try to set up my daily routines to require more physical effort, like doing squats as i squeegee the shower, or squat when I take the milk out of the bottom shelf of my refrigerator for my morning coffee.
If it is still a "pain" to get going and exercise then at least show up. Have your clothes ready (the day before preferably) or put them on well before the planned exercise. That will make it easier to show up and once it's time to do the exercise, you're already ready and have no excuse to back out.
You will feel accomplished after the set exercise so just do it. It will improve your energy and self-esteem. Exercising is one of the best things you can do for yourself so show yourself the self-love and respect you deserve and get going.
It helps tremendously to find something you love and focus on that, whether it be going out for a walk, run, hit the gym, take a class, tennis, swim, or whatever workout that pleases you.
Good luck! You can do this 🙂
1) Set the bar low. I remember when I first started, I was extremely extremely unfit so my coach set my a goal of just doing one push up a day. But the push up needs to be perfect form (no cutting corners!) Eventually from there I became more confident with my ability to exercise so managed to do more and maintain it as a habit.
2) Do it with someone. Sometimes (especially gym) gets really boring for me, so I like to ask someone out to go together
3) Do an exercise that you like. For me personally no other sports is as interesting to me as martial arts. Nowadays if I see an exercise routine I incorporate martial arts in it
- If I wake up late, what can I do to exercise and yet still reach my office on time?
- How do you get up and exercise in the morning?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise on days when you’re just exhausted and had a 12-hour shift at work?
- How do you stay fit and focused when your job is mainly sedentary?
- How do you stay fit and motivated when your job is sedentary?
- What kinds of exercises should I do as a beginner?
- How do you stick to an exercise regimen? I always start well and then let it slide.
- Can you suggest at home workouts for fat loss?
- How long do you usually exercise in the morning?
- Is there a habit that you have had a hard time keeping up? I think most people might say exercise. But, I have not been consistent with meditation no matter how many times I have started over. Truth be told, I fall asleep. Any suggestions on changing up how I do this? P.S. Time of day makes no difference. 😴