It feels like cheating, not counting because I would walk the dog anyway.
But I have to walk my dog, and I have trouble finding time (and motivation) to do other exercise. And why NOT bring my dog? He needs exercise, too.
And I have MS, so walking is perfect for me, as I can't do any heavy exercise. (Rising my body temperature makes me dizzy, disorientated and I loose my balance. And I will be 'out of order' for the rest of the day.)
I still need as much exercise as possible, since I need to be fit enough to handle my work and my every day tasks.
The better trained, the lesser obstacles from my MS (multiple scleroses).
And from what I heard, walking is good for you.
And I walk in nature, so that also benefits my psyke and overall wellbeing.
If its for mental health, mental acuity and all then its great for you!
But maybe you can salso up the intensity up a bit and walk faster and farther?
The more intense it is the exercise the better, at leadt for overal health. But if its for mental acuity, then probably moderate intensity is best but I probably should double check that last one.
But anyhow, why not upgrade to light jogging? Or maybe start training for the 5k race?
I did walking all winter, but now thay springs here I been running a lot and I just love it.
I am loosely following a 5k training plan.
My first reason is to help with my sleep
- How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym when you really don’t want to?
- What do you do on a day when you’re not well?
- How do you manage to exercise during very busy days or when travelling?
- How do you make yourself exercise in the evening after work when you’re really tired?
- How do you find motivation and excitement throughout a stale routine that is unlikely to change if you don’t find that motivation first?
- What are the most efficient exercises I can do?
- How do you stay motivated if you don’t have an exercise buddy?
- What is you favourite fitness things you like to do?
- I am having such a hard time making it to the gym. How can I get motivated?
- What are other toning routines you do at your house?