- I am actually not used to having breakfast… I’m trying to have something everyday, even if that’s a fruit and a coffee or just a coffee, is that enough? If I eat anything else I get sleepy right away!!
- Why is it that breakfast is much harder to maintain a routine than lunch/dinner?
- How much time do you usually take for breakfast?
- I want to lose weight but I’m also a student. What kind of breakfast should I eat?
- What’s a quick, easy, warm meal that makes it easier to eat breakfast at home (and not in the car!)?
Breakfast is important for everyone. Along with water, it sets a tone for the rest of the day. So consider what's in your breakfast before eating it. That bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is awesome, but does nothing for you other than a short term burst of sugar energy with an eventual crash, even for hypoglycemics. Meanwhile, a spinach salad with some Cutie's orange slices and almonds, an egg or two, and some orange or cranberry juice will taste great, sit better, give you higher quality fuel, and avoid the crash half way through the day when you get that third stack of expense reports.
So, to determine your breakfast needs, first figure out your goals. What's your general condition right now? Are you actively going to the gym/working out? Are you sick right now? Are you also drinking coffee this morning? If you're going to the gym, what kind of workout is it(weights, cardio, total body, etc.)?
Lastly, for me, I know that I get those cravings often. So what I like to do, as someone who is of average weight and trying to build strong muscle, is to have a heavy, good-for-you, protein focused breakfast that also has plenty of carbs for energy in the gym. But to accompany my great breakfast, I give myself a small bowl of bad. I have that little bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. This way, I get the best of both worlds. Plus, with all that real fuel in the tank burning first, the extra sugars and carbs of my (small!)bowl of bad decision making isn't nearly as impactful.
Eat something that feels good to you – especially if you work out in the morning.
- I have high triglycerides and cholesterol. Will eating eggs everyday raise my levels?
- Does anyone have suggestions for easy breakfast that can be made ahead and brought to work?
- What breakfast foods are best for people with IBS?
- Anyone else on gluten and dairy free diet
- What do you do to maintain your eating habits when you’re a guest in someones home?
- What do you eat in a rush?
- What are some breakfast options to eat on the go?
- Favorite prepared night before quick breakfasts?
- How do I keep the motivation to make breakfast instead of just grabbing a proccesed snack?
- High protein vegan breakfast ideas?