Breakfast is important for everyone. Along with water, it sets a tone for the rest of the day. So consider what's in your breakfast before eating it. That bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is awesome, but does nothing for you other than a short term burst of sugar energy with an eventual crash, even for hypoglycemics. Meanwhile, a spinach salad with some Cutie's orange slices and almonds, an egg or two, and some orange or cranberry juice will taste great, sit better, give you higher quality fuel, and avoid the crash half way through the day when you get that third stack of expense reports.
So, to determine your breakfast needs, first figure out your goals. What's your general condition right now? Are you actively going to the gym/working out? Are you sick right now? Are you also drinking coffee this morning? If you're going to the gym, what kind of workout is it(weights, cardio, total body, etc.)?
Lastly, for me, I know that I get those cravings often. So what I like to do, as someone who is of average weight and trying to build strong muscle, is to have a heavy, good-for-you, protein focused breakfast that also has plenty of carbs for energy in the gym. But to accompany my great breakfast, I give myself a small bowl of bad. I have that little bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. This way, I get the best of both worlds. Plus, with all that real fuel in the tank burning first, the extra sugars and carbs of my (small!)bowl of bad decision making isn't nearly as impactful.
Eat something that feels good to you – especially if you work out in the morning.
- What are your best breakfast prepping tips?
- How do you prep breakfast?
- I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast simply because it is convenient. Are there any quick, easy and filling recipes for breakfast? The only breakfast food I don’t like is tomatoes so open to a lot of options.
- Do you usually have much of an appetite in the morning?
- What do we have for breakfast?
- That habit is supposed to be completed in 15 minutes, should I have to dedicate that amount of time to that? Or could I have a shorter (in time, not in quality) healthy breakfast? Thx
- What is your preferred great breakfast? Can you give me some details why you prefer it to other high protein breakfasts?
- Do you have a receipt for healthy cake? Without sugar and flour?
- Vegan breakfasts ideas please!
- What do you usually grab on the go for a healthy breakfast?