Personally, I try to floss daily. Sometimes there are days I might forget to or just am too tired to bother. Flossing is important though, so I strive to do it daily
My dental hygienist said that plaque hardens within 24 hours, when I searched this on the Internet I found that plaque hardens within 48 hours. I’m not sure which of the two is true.Therefore I floss at least every other day but try to floss once a day. I prefer to floss in the evening because it stops me from eating late in the evening since I feel like flossing is a lot of work 😉 But technically you can fly us anytime of day within a 24 hour.
Dentists recommend twice a day, but honestly you only need to really floss at night BEFORE you brush. That way all the hard-to-reach gunk in your teeth is already loosened or removed, making it easier to give your teeth a deeper clean when brushing.
Well, i am not sure i quite understand. I try to brush my teeth three times a day… At least twice. I floss every morning. Healthy teeth are so important!. Is this the right answer?
- What do you tell yourself to stay motivated to floss everyday?
- What time of day is the best time to floss for best effect?
- How best does one floss around molars? They’re hard to reach, hard to see, yet often the most in need of extra attention.
- Is it necessary to floss everyday? How does one floss properly and how do I know it’s helping? I feel like I am not doing it properly and that it’s not helping so I kind of find it hard to make it stick
- Do you always carry dental floss with you?
- How do you remember to do it?
- I am an avid user of floss picks—is there something else you suggest I try? (Water pick, standard floss, etc)
- Should I floss 1 or 2 times a day? I’m good at night only right now lol
- I’ve always brushed my teeth twice a day but it still shocked me how big a difference it made for me in oral hygiene. Did you notice any big changes?
- Should I set a timer for my flossing?