Set a short ir tiny goal like 1 minute. And keep that commitment with yourself. Gradually you will find yourself adding a few more stretches and a bit more time. Right now focus on building the habit. Over time your body will feel less stiff and you will both enjoy and want to stretch. I never had enough time fir all the things I knew I “should” do. By making my goals smaller I am finally seeing some progress. Consistency trumps everything else.
I believe 10 minutes a day is the perfect amount of time. I prefer to do yoga in the evenings and stretch in the mornings because stretching is always a good indicator of a fresh start to a day. I reccommend the 10-minute daily stretch, if you really have to convince yourself, you can always join one of the challenges too!
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?