Set a short ir tiny goal like 1 minute. And keep that commitment with yourself. Gradually you will find yourself adding a few more stretches and a bit more time. Right now focus on building the habit. Over time your body will feel less stiff and you will both enjoy and want to stretch. I never had enough time fir all the things I knew I “should” do. By making my goals smaller I am finally seeing some progress. Consistency trumps everything else.
I believe 10 minutes a day is the perfect amount of time. I prefer to do yoga in the evenings and stretch in the mornings because stretching is always a good indicator of a fresh start to a day. I reccommend the 10-minute daily stretch, if you really have to convince yourself, you can always join one of the challenges too!
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?