For a morning stretch I would reccomend 5-10 minutes. If you are new to stretching in the first place, I would say then limit it to even less to 1-3 minutes. The most important part is you get a little bit of time in for each group of muscles. I am by no means an expert, so I begin with my feet together and touch my toes holding for around 15 seconds, relaxing, then another 15 seonds. Then if you want to stretch your calves you can do a downward facing dog. For groin you can do butterflies or recently I have been happy with doing my best to work up to doing a deep squat. Some other stetches I like are child's pose (you can look it up online in case you are unfamiliar), cobra pose, and simply rolling the shoulders/arms/neck. Make sure to spend a little time in each pose and really feel the stretch because you will be able to feel good when you are pushing your muscles but also not causing any strain in them either. As you practice you will learn how your body feels and decide what you think is best. Overall it should prove to help wake you up, help you feel ready for the day, and be a relaxing and calming experience. I love taking a little bit of time in the morning before all the noise and busyness of the day (even if it is a few minutes!) to let the body get comfortable and mind wander some. Hope this helps outs!
My aim is to get out of bed so 6x 10 sec stretches. Choose whatever works – i do not see this as an opportunity to exercise but to welcome the day. Exercise comes later in the day for me but I no longer dread getting up.
I think a morning stretch should last anywhere from 5-10 min. You should wake up and just stre at chug I’m you feel fully awake and loose. Once you feel ready to start your day your good to go.
Hello!!! I mean it could be a short one if you are in a rush and it still works , but a long one really stretches out your muscles and it gives you a peaceful vibe. I recommend the long ones for like 7 minutes 🙂
- I hurt my left lower leg when walking , in back , wonder what stretch to best do in order to get normal leg movement again ?
- How do you feel when stretching?
- What are the best quick and easy yet proven effective stretch exercises? And best exercises for me being a 45 year old health concise person be please.
- How best can I achieve success with a Stretch habit at a senior age?
- What’s a good amount of time to give to stretching in the morning?
- Have you made a 1 minute routine you repeat? Or do you change it up daily?
- Where do you feel you need to stretch the most? Does it move around from day by day?
- If you are already super flexible how do you stretch?
- How long do you stretch for (total)?
- How do you stretch and for how long?