Break 1: start the morning without grabbing my phone first thing. I try to wait until after breakfast, right before I get to work.
Break 2: lunch. I try to walk away from all screens and take a full 1 hour break.
Break 3: 5pm. Have an evening without a screen. Maybe not the full evening. So like I might workout, have dinner then sit and watch a show.
Break 4: before bed. Shut down. Grab a book and unplug before sleep.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?