It depends on the day I’ve had. A long exhaustive day, I listen to my body and try to disconnect as early as 9pm. On a regular day usually by 10:30p or 11pm
I usually disconnect one hour before going to bed. That gives me time to meditate and relax a bit before going to sleep, which helps me fall asleep faster
I disconnect as early as 1-2 hours before I go to bed. I normally disconnect around 11:30 almost alway, and would go to sleep at 1 or 2 in the morning, sometime earlier. I realize that’s a late bedtime and I’m working on that. I would like to go to sleep earlier and I have been slowly but surely. Disconnecting really helped. After I disconnect I busy myself with preparing my breakfast for tomorrow, making sure I fill up my water bottle for the next day, getting my kids ready for bed, then, right before I sleep I do my skincare routine, which is always relaxing and a wind down, while listening to nightly coaching on fabulous.
I disconnect twice a day, 1st is work-related, I set my phone to block distractions from 9-11:30 am so I can focus on work (writing/reading). 2nd I disconnect from everything at 10pm and set my phone to airplane mode before I get to bed.
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?