I am practicing disconnecting from technology about 1 hour before bed. I check the next day schedule, set the morning alarm, and plug in the phone. I journal my worries, to do list and gratitude. Then I am ready for bed
The best time to disconnect from electronics is 8 PM. There is enough time to relax by reading a book or listening to calming music.
9pm would be the best and manageable, because let’s face it, in this pandemic situation, we tend to stay online longer to communicate with friends and family
So I personally like to go to bed at about 9:30 at ight so I can get enough hours of sleep to wake up early in th e morning.
30 minutes before you actually get into bed. Once you disconnect, focus on other things. After I turn off my wifi and notifications, I do my skincare routine and read book or write in my diary.
The best time for me to sleep is at midnight because I get hours of sleep and I like staying up so I want to keep this part at least.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?