I prefer to use floss picks instead of string floss. Although my dentist told me string floss is ideal the floss picks are better than not flossing at all due to gagging. Another way to go is a water pick. My kid’s orthodontist highly recommends the water pick.
- Regular floss or picks?
- How do I know that the floss brand I use is healthy?
- Should you floss once a day or more?
- Is it better to floss before or after brushing the teeth?
- To my fellow cyclists: do you ride a bike as your primary mode of transportation? If so, how do you motivate yourself to take your bike when you know the route (either one way or both) will be particularly challenging?
I don't seem to have a problem with gagging while I'm flossing … I'm sorry if that's what happens for you. : ( I usually use floss picks, you could try that if you haven't already …
I'm sorry that I don't have a good answer for that. Flossing has been a habit of mine for years and I don't remember a time that I gagged while flossing.
Use a flosser that has a U curved bend, much easier to get in the back than regular string floss or usual flossers. Also breathe through your nose and out through your mouth slowly, I hear salt on the gums help too.
- Is it really helpful to have the floss habit?
- What are the benefits of flossing? But I mean, visible ones. I’ve not been flossing for more then 10 years and nothing happened.
- Do you have a travel floss?
- Does having a scented floss actually do anything?
- What flossing tools can I use to keep from damaging my gums? Mint dental floss sticks between my teeth and is hard to use. Any suggestions for good alternative ways to floss?
- Are you supposed to floss after every meal? How do you do that if you aren’t home?
- How to I get in to the habit of flossing again?
- Do you think flossing is important? If you don’t or do, why so?
- It doesn’t hurt your teeth to floss more than once a day, right?
- Do you recommend any particular type of floss for teeth with wide gaps between them?