I prefer to use floss picks instead of string floss. Although my dentist told me string floss is ideal the floss picks are better than not flossing at all due to gagging. Another way to go is a water pick. My kid’s orthodontist highly recommends the water pick.
- What is an easy to follow resistance workout?
- What do you guys like for breakfast?
- What is an easy breakfast other than protein shakes?
- How do you motivate yourself to work out on days that you’re feeling especially tired and lazy?
- How do you bring back your focus when your thoughts begin to wander?
I don't seem to have a problem with gagging while I'm flossing … I'm sorry if that's what happens for you. : ( I usually use floss picks, you could try that if you haven't already …
I'm sorry that I don't have a good answer for that. Flossing has been a habit of mine for years and I don't remember a time that I gagged while flossing.
Use a flosser that has a U curved bend, much easier to get in the back than regular string floss or usual flossers. Also breathe through your nose and out through your mouth slowly, I hear salt on the gums help too.
- Did you floss today?
- Does using a water-pick device count as flossing?
- How do you floss properly?
- I hate flossing… how do I keep going?
- How often should I floss?
- Is water flossing just as beneficial as normal flossing?
- Is it better to floss in the morning or the evening?
- When do you usually floss at night?
- I know that I really need to floss, but I have really sensitive gums and I don’t like doing it at all. I usually avoid it. Do you have any tips on how to start doing it more regularly?
- Do you clean your floss thread as you go? I’m afraid I’m going to put the removed plaque back between my teeth.