Use a flosser that has a U curved bend, much easier to get in the back than regular string floss or usual flossers. Also breathe through your nose and out through your mouth slowly, I hear salt on the gums help too.
I'm sorry that I don't have a good answer for that. Flossing has been a habit of mine for years and I don't remember a time that I gagged while flossing.
I don't seem to have a problem with gagging while I'm flossing … I'm sorry if that's what happens for you. : ( I usually use floss picks, you could try that if you haven't already …
I prefer to use floss picks instead of string floss. Although my dentist told me string floss is ideal the floss picks are better than not flossing at all due to gagging. Another way to go is a water pick. My kid’s orthodontist highly recommends the water pick.
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss
- How do you motivate yourself through the first days when flossing is painful?