I started with only checking notifications because I was super addicted to my phone, forcing myself to make that first step was necessary to be able to control usage of it. Then I used it only to listen to music and eventually my phone addiction was gone.
Well, isn't easy obviously. For me was difficult start to do it because i am obsessed by the social media but i finded an app that help me to keep my phone close for any emergency but not using it to procrastinate (the app is forest if you wanna use it too) and I'm in love with it! i feel motivated and also its relaxing for me leave the phone, yeah at the begin is kinda rare but you're going to acostumbrate little by little. it was my second day of discipline and i have to say that i feel so happy with my progress, i can't wait to see how many trees i am going to plant tomorrow!!!
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?