Thanks for your question. It is an hard job follow all my duties and my personal hobbies in the same time. I think that I can be a better dad, husband and even a better worker (I’m a tourist office manager in South Italy, Amalfi Coast region), only if I look after me, only if improve myself being and, definitely, if I take care of my body, brain and soul. My family is my priority and I have to be at 100% of my potential to take part of this “magical square” (I’ve two kids). That’s why I force myself to be a little bit egotistical and I leave for me at least a couple of hours per day. Practically speaking, I get up very early in the morning, by 5.30/6.00 am, to do light work out, a short meditation and a nice and complete breakfast, everything alone in the dark of my living room overlooking the ocean out of windows. Then, every Tuesday I play volleyball with my friends and Sunday afternoon I write for three/four hours children papers and poetry. The rest of time I work and run around to take care or have fun of my babies; my wife helps me a lot and she is agree with this life style. Sincerely, Alfredo
I used to have a better work and leisure life balance.
I’m trying to get back to my old self and even improve on it. Currently my new hobby is learning a new language. It might not be very creative but I’m making time for it. As kettle as 15-30 minutes per session. Two to three times per week. So far I’ve stuck to it. Hopefully it goes well. When I’m done I wanna learn dancing. Maybe that’s a bit more creative. Who knows.
Depending on age and other household members
Include them in your hobby
Layout the table with your drawing tools. Even if they have pens and pencils, its it's an opportunity to share a passion
They may get bored and find something else to do
By making it a regular activity can help with bonding and teach children that routine and quiet time is good for all ages
I’m trying to figure that
But I do some creative drawing with my kids mostly
I’m not an artist
It’s more fun and good practice to lit go and loose yourself
to feel like a kid again
But I have enjoyed learning about my daughter’s ballet which I knew nothing about in the past, and I try to learn about the video games my son plays and then I try to involve the whole family in video games.
I do enjoy reading again and try to read with my kids and on my own.
I do enjoy exercising and ty to I lvove my kids in bike riding and walking outdoors.
But in reality, it is very difficult to schedule and enjoy doing a hobby on a routine basis just for myself- with work, family, household, and kids school and after school schedules, it is very hard to find time.
- How to deal with multiple high priority tasks, and more firefighting tasks than quality time tasks?
- How do you make sure to get all your to do list done the day you write it?
- What happens if you can’t do my routines due to Illness? And where do i find the answers to these questions?
- Im currently on my vacation so when i will be going to school when will i write a to do list because we dont know what teacher is going to give us on that particular day ?
- How may I stick to my plans and to do list? as the action are being moved from one day to another
- How do you determine what to write and what to skip? I wrote 4 pages in my bullet journal today.
- What sort of things do you put on your list?
- What tips to you suggest to help more consistently and frequently committing to writing your to-do list?
- How do you juggle bigger tasks that aren’t immediately important?
- How many times a day should you check your to-do list?