- How do you prioritize your to-do lists?
- How do you make sure periodic/routine tasks get accomplished?
- How specific do you get in making your to do list? Example, Do you put “laundry” or do you put “wash darks” and “fold clean clothes”?
- Do you have a method for avoiding over-committing to what you’ll achieve in a day?
- Do you think using your phone for a to-do list is bad?
1) Visualise your day beforehand – take a moment to view the highlights of the day ahead of you – will you go grocery shopping? Will you prepare for an exam? This'll help you cover the main areas of the day.
2) Remember any small tasks you missed out – Our mind tends to focus more on the big picture rather than the small tasks that are equally as important. Were you supposed to wish your mom on your birthday? Were you supposed to go for a jog? Small tasks that have value must be listed as well.
3) Write the tasks in simple words – For example, you're supposed to do homework. Instead of writing "complete thesis of …" Simply write do your homework. Your mind gets eased at the simplicity and won't stress as much. This is a personal preference of mine, but if you prefer to write it detailed, it completely depends upon your choice.
1. Put the list in order what you are going to do when…
For example your probably going go to work/school before you come home and start to make dinner!
2. Don't bite off more then you can chew…
My trick for this on is puting a star by all the things that are so important that they should be my priorities!
3. Don't forget to add something that you really WANT to do…
Maybe put it in the middle or towards the end so that you're a bit more motivated!
10,000 steps – Bronze
30 mins cardio – Silver
30 mins weight – Gold
20 mins yoga – Platinum
This way I can always achieve something and have something to strive for. At the moment I am between silver & gold as I’ll do 2 or 3 of these activities. I’m aiming at the moment to get 5 gold days in a row.
Example. Get struts for my car.
I break it down into:
*Look for a local mechanic online or in a phone book.
*Choose two or three from my findings and contact them for prices and any questions I may have.
*Compare mechanics with pricing, reputation, and or word of mouth/rating online.
*Choose one mechanic from the two or three
*Set up an appointment with the mechanic.
*Take my car to the mechanic for the repairs.
- How i can do not runaway from my tasks and scary thing that i have to do??
- How can I record my accomplishment for these to do list?
- How do you not get overwhelmed by your todo list?
- Do you write your todo list at night for the next day or in the morning?
- How do you write to do lists every day and do those things
- How do you write a you’re to. Do list
- How does one prevent burn out from writing a todo list everyday? I always start out strong then dwindle to weekly lists then will just forget.
- How do you stay consistent with your to do list to make sure you’re progressing forward and achieving your goals daily?
- What do you do with a task if you weren’t able to get to it? Transfer it to the next day?
- My to do list is always quite empty. What can I do about it?