Right now I’m drawing upon and from a former star of the 49ers, jerry Rice. He still works out every day and posts about it. If he can what he’s doing I can surely get 10 – 20 mins in too. That’s my motivation
1- I keep my work out bag visible and handy. Making sure it is ready to go in the morning is key so that I can take it with me and stop on the way home.
2 – I reward myself for every 5 consecutive days with a small treat (can be a new workout shirt, a smoothie or even a massage)
3 -the most important thing after all of that – if I miss a day I don’t beat myself up. Acknowledge , analyze (how can I do better?), and then move on.
Hope that helps. I am not perfect but happy to share if it helps
feel like exercising. I think if I can wake up not feeling so tired, I can probably do some exercise.
But I do skip a day sometimes, when I’m really not feeling up to it. The kinds of days where working out hard is just going to make me feel worse. I think it’s also important to forgive yourself for those days when they’re the exception.
I thought about the amazing feeling, and started my exercise routine for the day.
If I wanted to skip something that would be the sitting at my desk for long hours that comes after it.
So I think if you don't feel like exercising on a particular day, you could try to change up the type of exercise that you're doing on that day. You can always change back.
You can try biking, rollerskate, squash, trampoline, climbing, hiking, and there are so many other options. Find something that makes you happy on that day.
- Do you do the same kind of exercise every day?
- What should I do when I feel too tired to exercise?
- My job involves a lot of walking so I am mainly getting my cardio that way. How can I transition to something else for days I’m not working or if I change jobs?
- How do you retain your focus during meditation?
- Should I still try to excercise in the morning as I am going back to school next week or just in the afternoon?
- Has anyone found any other 7 minute exercises? I am getting bored doing the same one every morning.
- Which is better, exercising before or after breakfast?
- Is mediation a workout/exercise?
- What can you do to start enjoying the exercise process instead of it feeling like a punishment?
- What is your cardio and strength ratio and what kind of exercise do you do?