Right now I’m drawing upon and from a former star of the 49ers, jerry Rice. He still works out every day and posts about it. If he can what he’s doing I can surely get 10 – 20 mins in too. That’s my motivation
1- I keep my work out bag visible and handy. Making sure it is ready to go in the morning is key so that I can take it with me and stop on the way home.
2 – I reward myself for every 5 consecutive days with a small treat (can be a new workout shirt, a smoothie or even a massage)
3 -the most important thing after all of that – if I miss a day I don’t beat myself up. Acknowledge , analyze (how can I do better?), and then move on.
Hope that helps. I am not perfect but happy to share if it helps
feel like exercising. I think if I can wake up not feeling so tired, I can probably do some exercise.
But I do skip a day sometimes, when I’m really not feeling up to it. The kinds of days where working out hard is just going to make me feel worse. I think it’s also important to forgive yourself for those days when they’re the exception.
I thought about the amazing feeling, and started my exercise routine for the day.
If I wanted to skip something that would be the sitting at my desk for long hours that comes after it.
So I think if you don't feel like exercising on a particular day, you could try to change up the type of exercise that you're doing on that day. You can always change back.
You can try biking, rollerskate, squash, trampoline, climbing, hiking, and there are so many other options. Find something that makes you happy on that day.
- What “secret” exercises you do at your work table?
- What’s a great at-home exercise?
- I struggle with depression, but I always feel better after I exercise. Motivating myself to exercise when I feel so down is difficult, however. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself to exercise when you just plain don’t want to? 🙂
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? I need help!
- Do you work out as soon as you wake up?
- How do you get yourself exercising when you are already exhausted or have no energy?
- Practitioners of Ayurveda: How do you start to energize the body? How fast can it happen?
- Why work out if I’m not seeing results?
- How often do you exercise per week and how many hours each session?
- I wake up in the morning, drink water, fold my bed sheets and all, then exercise, and then take a shower. So my question is that should I brush my teeth before or after exercise?