First a quick warm up so you don’t hurt your body while stretching. Then stretch all parts of the body for 20 minutes totally.
I don't really stretch prior to a workout- just a few gentle movements to get my blood flowing. I do my stretching after as part of recovery.
When it's a quick workout in the morning I don't generally stretch before. When I'm going to do an intensive workout like Acro I stretch anywhere from 15-30min before.
Sometimes my exercise is just stretching only, like mixed with yoga. But when I went to the gym I used to do a warm up and then stretch like 15 min about, or do the sun salutation yoga sequence few times.
I have an app called Calm. And they have a segment ed morning stretch. I usually just do that right after getting up and before my morning workout!
Depends on what I'm going to be doing. If it's a targeted workout then I focus on getting warm first then I stretch the area I'll be working on and get going. I don't think there is a right answer to this question. It really depends on your body and what it needs
It depends on the type of exercise you intend to do, but a 7 minute warm up including mobilisation, pulse raising and active stretches will set you up perfectly for almost any kind of exercise and reduce your risk of injury! Don’t forget to cool down after too!
I tend to stretch from 3 to 5 minutes before I start any workouts.
My favorites have to be alternating between Cat/Cow stretches, Neck to Chin, Ankle Rotations and Downward Dog to Plank.
- What’s a good exercise routine you can do in a second level apartment that isn’t too noisy?
- What kind of exercise do you do? And before or after a morning shower?
- How do you make time for exercise? I am in a position where I have to choose between exercising and sleep. I am struggling with this!
- Will you see some changes in your body after doing morning exercises for some time?
- Yes, I was ill 2 weeks, I didn’t want to work out because I felt very tired. I would welcome some advice what to do in this situation.
- When you get up late and all your plans and routines seem broken – what do you do? Do you give up for the day?
- What’s your trick for keeping a consistent workout routine?
- In what order do you perform your habits?
- What kind of exercise do you actually look forward to?
- How do you get back on track with excerising after unplanned breaks?