First a quick warm up so you don’t hurt your body while stretching. Then stretch all parts of the body for 20 minutes totally.
I don't really stretch prior to a workout- just a few gentle movements to get my blood flowing. I do my stretching after as part of recovery.
When it's a quick workout in the morning I don't generally stretch before. When I'm going to do an intensive workout like Acro I stretch anywhere from 15-30min before.
Sometimes my exercise is just stretching only, like mixed with yoga. But when I went to the gym I used to do a warm up and then stretch like 15 min about, or do the sun salutation yoga sequence few times.
I have an app called Calm. And they have a segment ed morning stretch. I usually just do that right after getting up and before my morning workout!
Depends on what I'm going to be doing. If it's a targeted workout then I focus on getting warm first then I stretch the area I'll be working on and get going. I don't think there is a right answer to this question. It really depends on your body and what it needs
It depends on the type of exercise you intend to do, but a 7 minute warm up including mobilisation, pulse raising and active stretches will set you up perfectly for almost any kind of exercise and reduce your risk of injury! Don’t forget to cool down after too!
I tend to stretch from 3 to 5 minutes before I start any workouts.
My favorites have to be alternating between Cat/Cow stretches, Neck to Chin, Ankle Rotations and Downward Dog to Plank.
- What do you do as a daily exercise? Do you go to the gym every day or combine it with at-home workouts?
- I’m curious about reading habits of you guys(or ladies). How do you manage to read a whole book? Do you spend whole days on your free time to read everything at once? Or do you bring the book with you wherever you go and read it little by little? Or do you set a certain time every day for reading?
- What are fun strength training exercises?
- I can’t sprint or run because of this surgery but I can walk briskly and ride a bike so that’s what I’m trying to keep up with. Is this okay to replace for sprinting?
- Any preferred workout methods for building muscle/core strength with a bad back/pain?
- Hi I’m 11 years old and I want to get rid of the extra fat in my stomach and thighs please help.
- What do you do when you don’t see the sense of an exercise?
- How do you find motivation when you don’t want to exercise?
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? And how often do you do it?
- How do you set your evening routine? I managed to do so in the morning, but I feel my reward is to relax when I get back from work. And I need to have a more productive routine before going to sleep.